Remington triggers

W

wahoowah

For those of you who have worked with both actions, is the Remington M700 factory trigger interchangeable with the factory trigger on a M722? The trigger on one of my 722s has developed an initial creep when the trigger is pulled although it still breaks cleanly at 3 - 4 pounds. This is on a crow/groundhog rifle. I can't find any triggers for the M722 listed in any of the shooters supply firms.

Thanks.

The safety and the stock inletting is slightly different. The 700 trigger will work however...

Here are a couple of things to try...

remove the spring in the 722 that controls the poundage and replace it with the same size ink pen spring.

Next adjust the sear engagement that can be seen in the little window in the side of the trigger. Run the sear engagment screw in till the trigger fires, then back off 1/2 turn for starters.

I got two 722's down to a safe 16 oz this week using this. Sometimes you have to lap out the trigger pin holes with valve grinding compound if there is a bind that pinches the side walls of the trigger housing in so that the sear is in a bind.

Good luck!

Be careful when replacing the trigger spring. The friction alone on a lot of Remington triggers is more than 1#. So, going with a very light trigger spring can lead to erractic triggers. I don't like going to less than .016 diameter wire for the reset spring.
Springs are available from MSC that are the same o.d. and .016 and .020 wire, same coil spacing, etc.

Before you do anything . . .

Before you do anything else, squirt out the old trigger with lighter fluid or some other solvent. It may be that you just have a dirty trigger. A good cleaning, lubrication, and readjustment might just do the trick.

Regards, Ron

Wolff makes a reduce let off spring for 700 triggers that I use, same OD and coil spacing but a softer spring. Come in 3 or 10 packs.

Use the factory spring as a helper spring under your truck!

Again, thanks to all of you for the advice and for taking the time to reply to my post.. It is the first time that I have been able to find any instructions and advice based on experience with the M722 trigger.

Back