Remington 700 SPS out of box MOA

Rem. 700

Fitch, I had one of the new FN mod. 70s in 3006. After 4 scopes, probably 400 rounds different bullets powder primers . It grouped about 2 or 3 ins. at 100. Got a cdl in 3006 shoots .75. I shoot 3 shot groups with my hunting rifles because I shot the good accuracy out of a .257 weatherby shooting 5 shot groups. It had hunting rounds thru it too though. It went from 1 to 1.5 to 3. 3 shots tells me all I need to know about a hunting load.

Fitch, I had one of the new FN mod. 70s in 3006. After 4 scopes, probably 400 rounds different bullets powder primers . It grouped about 2 or 3 ins. at 100. Got a cdl in 3006 shoots .75. I shoot 3 shot groups with my hunting rifles because I shot the good accuracy out of a .257 weatherby shooting 5 shot groups. It had hunting rounds thru it too though. It went from 1 to 1.5 to 3. 3 shots tells me all I need to know about a hunting load.

That experience with the FN M70 sure doesn't sound good. bummer.

I agree with 3 shots and hunting loads.

Fitch

The .61 that I shot with the 700 BDL was 100 yards from bags on a bench. Using Winchester .30-06 Ballistic Silvertip 150 gr.

If I had a hunting gun that put the second and third shots .6 from the first one out of cold barrel I would be delighted. Kinda surprised you are getting a Remington to do that! :)

Believe me.......I'm very delighted. My target gun is being finished right now. Rem 700 .308 blueprinted/trued, bolt faced, krieger barrel ss 26" 1:10 1.250-.900, hs precision m24 vertical grip w/ adjustable lop and adjustable cheek rest, glass is leupold Mark4 8.5-25x50 LR/T, mounts and base are both leupold also. The stock is being bedded tomorrow, after that I'm ready to shoot. Should group quite nice. All of this work has been done by Mickey Coleman(Owner of Coleman Rifles), he's located in Greenville, AL. I will let you know the results and post pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back