Remington 521-T disassembley pdf

Mro17

Look8ng for info on removing trigger group and barrel on . Would like some idea of what I’m doing instead of just jumping in. Has great wood, would like to renew it for my grandson.

Thanks

Jay

There is not much to it. See https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/remington/rifles-rem/521t https://leeroysramblings.com/Gun parts illustrations/Rem_511_illustrated.htm

There is a better exploded view on the net somewhere, but I can't remember where. The barrel is held in by a couple of press fit pins. Drive those out and you an probably use a brass or aluminum drift to drive the barrel out forward. There is really no reason to remove the barrel for normal maintenance or even refinishing.

The working parts are all retained by an assortment of pins and screws. It is easy to see what is what. I usually remove them all and shake the receiver and all the parts fall out. Watch out for the trigger spring and plunger. The bolt is easily disassembled by driving out the pin thru the bolt sleeve. The extractors usually don't need removal but they can be removed by driving out their pins. Don't lose the extractor spring.

You can polish the sear shoulder that catches the firing pin notch, but don't alter the angle or you will probably need a new sear.

RWO

Thanks, was not so worried about the barrel, but needed some encouraging words for the trigger group. Surprised no you tube video on it. Wonder why they put on two extractors?

Do not have this particular rifle but one of those extractors might be the ejector. look closely at them may not be exactly the same shape, if so important to replace in same position.

Thanks, makes sense. Was looking at them earlier thought the left one tip was broken. Looking on eBay saw lh & rh extractors, for sale. May as well stock up on spare parts. Thanks for the advice.

Jay

The left extractor is beveled to allow the case rim to be pushed forward by the ejector and then pivot on the right extractor hook and out of the action port to the right. The ejector is a fixed vertical blade that runs in a groove in the bolt bottom. Dual extractors are common on bolt, pump and lever action 22's.

RWO

Back