Remington 513 trigger

patanneflick

I have a remington 513t and have a question regarding the trigger
It has a big flat spring held in place by a large screw, one end rest on the sear the other end makes for the trigger stop.
My question is it looks like I am missing a spring the rides in a slot on the bottom of the trigger which some diagrams show as the return spring, a flat spring with some bends in it best I can tell by diagrams. Did some benchrest shooters remove this spring in an effort to lighten the trigger? Just wondering why mine is missing. The trigger seems to work ok without it.
any ideas or help?
:confused:

I have a remington 513t and have a question regarding the trigger
It has a big flat spring held in place by a large screw, one end rest on the sear the other end makes for the trigger stop.
My question is it looks like I am missing a spring the rides in a slot on the bottom of the trigger which some diagrams show as the return spring, a flat spring with some bends in it best I can tell by diagrams. Did some benchrest shooters remove this spring in an effort to lighten the trigger? Just wondering why mine is missing. The trigger seems to work ok without it.
any ideas or help?
:confused:

I've watched this thread as everyone ignores you..... I'm sorry I can't help or I would. I know nothing about 22's

May I suggest that you post the same question on the 22 forum? It seems silly but the fact is there's very little crossover.....I've been a member of this board for over 20yrs and have entered the 22 forum perhaps 5 times.

In 20 yrs

If that doesn't work I'll suggest some other forums like rimfirecentral or shootersforum.com

This is embarrassing

The missing part is called the Trigger Take-up Spring, part# 824170, from Numrich.
It doesn't show up in the Remington Field Service manual.
Is there any flopping or other unwanted movement in your trigger? The spring is probably meant to take out movement.

Back