Records Fall in Vermont, Kim is at it again

Dick Grosbier

Club Coordinator
Kim Llewellyn gave lessons this weekend on how to shoot. It is downright embarrassing to the rest of us who were there how well she performed when you consider conditions were simply awful with winds gusting to probably 40 mph a large portion of the time and constantly switching and bad mirage on Sunday at times.
The Vermont State 100/200 Meter Score Championship match was held July 17-18 at the St Johnsbury Range. It was a well attended shoot with 31 guns present. below photo shows Grand Aggregate winners. Dr.Bill Sargent (HTR), Kim Llewellyn (VFS) , Dave Thomas (VH) , and the Factory Class winner Seth Frisbie.

Several IBS records were potentially broken at this event Both Lee and Allie Euber set the bar higher in LV 100m while Kim Llewellyn who by the way won BOTH yardages and of course the Grand set potential HV records by a good margin in both 200m and 100-200 Grand (Kim shot the only 500 for the weekend in fact 2nd place was a 498) . Dave Thomas tied two of the VH records norrowly missing breaking them.

Great Shooting Kim !!!

stJohnsbury.jpg

Last edited:
I shot next to Kim all weekend. At 200 meters, shooting match 3, I shot a 50-1x coming off match 2 shooting a 48-2, so I am feeling really fine....until I look at Kim's target. She shot a 50-5x in the same conditions I was feeling so great about shooting a 50-1x. She was in a different world and liking it, and I don't blame her. She was head and shoulders above the rest of us this weekend and as she has done so often--she kept it together the entire match knowing she was the only person that could keep her from winning. Awesome competitor....and so quiet and humble. What a nice relief. I know I have my work cut out for me, as she has raised the bar. Randy Jarvais

congrats Kim, I was struggling just to stay in the 10 ring that day, Just goes to show what a truly good shooter can do.

Back