Rear bag sand?

F

Frank Rutkosky

anyone know where to get heavy rear bag sand. or type of sand that would work well for filling a rear bag?

rwnoel that wont help me sinclair is out of stock. i spoke to them on the phone this morning and they do not know when they will have any.

they did sell me a new rear bag and bag stabilizer. I was hopeing to have it filled by this weekend but i'm not having any luck.

rwnoel that wont help me sinclair is out of stock. i spoke to them on the phone this morning and they do not know when they will have any.

they did sell me a new rear bag and bag stabilizer. I was hopeing to have it filled by this weekend but i'm not having any luck.

Less than ideal is play sand from Home Depot or Lowes. Another less than ideal option is tumbler corncob media (which is lighter than sand so the rear bag ends up being a little less stable). The play sand is probably readily available.

My rear bag currently has play sand in it - and it works ok for rimfire benchrest. I'll be putting the heavy sand in it pretty soon once my shoulder heals a bit more - I had backordered the sand from Sinclair several months ago and it came back in stock pretty quick (several months ago).

Sand

I went to Hobby Lobby and found "decorative sand". It is very fine and I find it quite satisfying. V/R Greg

Thanks guys. i flipping back ordered some.

Back ordered sand? :confused: Protektor has heavy sand ready to ship and they're in Galeton [North Central] Pennsylvania. Essentially, in your backyard.

One other thing that's nice, is they sell it by the pound. You're not locked into 15 lbs at a time like one vendor I know. If you need 5 lbs or 35 lbs at $1 per lb, they'll ship just what you need. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back