Rear Bag Help

Frank B

Not knowing what I was doing when I built my BR rifle I bought a Richards Microfit stock. From day one I could not get it to track consistently. The butt is 1 3/8" wide and flat from the grip to butt plate. Almost zero drop at the heal. Tried a couple bags that were too narrow. I finally bit the bullet and called David at Protecktor. He made me a custom DR bag. The width is perfect but I have a little problem. The bag is made to fit a stock with some drop at the heal. When I set the gun down on the bag and work it down a little it is not making full contact. Should I shoot it like this or build a tapered shim to put under it? Thanks. Later! Frank
Modify message

Frank, could you post a picture of the rifle on the bag showing how the stock fits between the ears ?

Dick

Not knowing what I was doing when I built my BR rifle I bought a Richards Microfit stock.

What class of BR shooting was it built for ???

Some classes like "short range" within the NBRSA require stocks built with certain dimensions which then dictate the width and the slope of the bag's design for best tracking.

The butt is 1 3/8" wide and flat from the grip to butt plate. Almost zero drop at the heal. Tried a couple bags that were too narrow. I finally bit the bullet and called David at Protektor. He made me a custom DR bag. The width is perfect but I have a little problem. The bag is made to fit a stock with some drop at the heal. When I set the gun down on the bag and work it down a little it is not making full contact. Should I shoot it like this or build a tapered shim to put under it?

Ask David to exchange the bag he sent you for this one:

http://webpm.fatcow.com/ProtektorMo...id=255&zenid=68d136b5d53af2caff71ca1f52ec649a

[with 1 2/8" spacing between the ears with your choice of ear material and ear height].

This one has a flat top which will match your stock's design. :)

Back