RCBS Partner presses

CYanchycki

Club Coordinator
I just wanted to inform all who use them, myself included(I have 2), that a litte birdy flew by and told me they are POS and NO ONE in the benchrest circuit uses them.

Just something I had to get off my chest. So who uses them besides Jackie and myself?

Sounds Like an Obama rumor!!

I've had one for over 20 years with no problems!!!

I have two of them also...I wish someone had told me before I bought them that they won't make good reloads.:D

Eddie in Texas

Partner Press

Your little birdy must be a buzzard :D, I own and use 5 of them. Also have a Rockchucker and a Dillon 550 and they work well also.

Best,

Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

I have 4 of them mounted in my trailer. They do a good job of keeping the 30BRs fed.

The first one I bought for $15 figuring that if it was junk I could just toss it. After that, Julia wanted one. She now has two on her work bench. I also have one on my "spare" bench.

Adrian

Partner

I find that they of course are not as sturdy as the Rockchucker" series. Of course, they are also not as bulky, not as heavy, etc. I find mine perfectly adequate and then some for the reloading I do (.308, .45-70, .375 Win, .204, .22 Hornet, etc.)

The RCBS Partner press is perfect for sizing benchrest cartridges at the range. You can spend more money but you cannot buy a better BR press. :D

Gene Beggs

Bought mine, used. looks 25 yrs old. Yea it's junk. I also have 2 Lee turrets.:eek:
I emailed RCBS for a part number to order a primer catcher. The Tech. just sent it in the mail. Called it warranty. Great company. :)
I use the partner for 6PPC, mostly.

Thanks Zippy

Bought mine, used. looks 25 yrs old. Yea it's junk. I also have 2 Lee turrets.:eek:
I emailed RCBS for a part number to order a primer catcher. The Tech. just sent it in the mail. Called it warranty. Great company. :)
I use the partner for 6PPC, mostly.

I bought the 2 of mine used in mint shape. They never had catchers soI will call and see if I can get a few sent my way.

Calvin

Cy ...

I just wanted to inform all who use them, myself included(I have 2), that a litte birdy flew by and told me they are POS and NO ONE in the benchrest circuit uses them.

Just something I had to get off my chest. So who uses them besides Jackie and myself?[/QUOTE

I have and use TWO of them. They're :cool:

I bought the 2 of mine used in mint shape. They never had catchers soI will call and see if I can get a few sent my way.

Calvin

There must be a conspiracy about used Partner presses in mint condition being sold without the primer catchers! :confused: Same thing happened to me.... LNIB with instructions and all, but no catcher.

Mine works well enough, but I use it more as a space savng back-up press on my work bench to do another chore while my Rock-Chucker already has a die screwed into it. My main complaint is that it's a PIA trying to catch the ejected primer without that green plastic catcher :D

Thanks fellas

for the replies.

I just wanted to prove to the non believers that they work.:p I have one with my ppc die screwed in and the other with my 6BR die.

I find they work SUPERB for those small cases. I

may not want to use it on a Ultramag or Cheytac round but those little guys are fine.

Calvin

Calvin
I use one for my 300 Ackley and the only trouble I ever had was the handle snapped were it threads into the ram.
The new handle was free and its been good for years now.
Lynn

Calvin,
Ah, so you tricked us! You knew all along just like we did that they are a good little press!
:D

Best,

Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

RCBS Patrtner Presses

I also use them for reloading my 6PPC's. I don't need no "stinking" custom presses. :)

The Redding dies are whats really important!! :D

Bill

is there anything you do not make a bag for?:confused:

How about my 40oz bottles of whiskey? Sure hate to see one break....;)

Calvin

Count me in....

I have two which I use along with Lee, Wilson, and Redding dies. Now I guess I have to sell them to some sucker since someone who doesn't know much about hand loading said they were a POS.:rolleyes:

virg

I will tell you what sucks about RCBS PARTNER PRESS;

is the poor flang mount!

Its great if you are going to permanently mount it to a surface using screws or bolts, but is a pain in the rear if you want a portable press that is clamp mounted...........this is where the custom presses really shine in that they have a good, well balance flat flang surface, designed and built in to clamp to various reloading table areas.

Yeah, a flang can be designed and added to the Partner, but makes it bulky awkward shaped and is never really balanced in order to get good leverage without torquing and cocking the press, while in use, what a pain in the rear...............Don

Back