Rcbs charge master

Ajshooter

Jeff Youmans
Someone awhile back was selling a battery pack to run a charge master on the classifieds.
Anyone know who it was. Thanks Jeff

A lot of u use a drycell battery booster from someplace like Advance auto, Autozone. ect.

I have oe exactly like this that I have used since 2005. It has a cigarette outlet that you can get
an adapter from Radio shack etc that fits the inlet in RCBS 1500. This whole package is about $55.

According to Don Legg Jr at RCBS the 1500 can take inputs from 10VDC to 16DC.

I load in the camper and I just keep this plugged in to the 110VAC and run the 1500 off the battery booster.

http://www.batterychargers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductName=94026900CA

Or do something like this with a sealed lead acid battery

P1000007.jpg

or this

or go all the way to this

I do not think there is a diode inside charge master to keep from damaging if you apply battery backwards. I would install one so if you hook up battery backwards no damage.

I do not think there is a diode inside charge master to keep from damaging if you apply battery backwards. I would install one so if you hook up battery backwards no damage.

Bill, if you hook it up backwards it will simply unmeasured powder!

No, get the cigarette adapter like I suggested and the polarity will be correct.

Go to Radio Shack or a similar store and take your Chargemaster power cord and get an adapter that has the little round shiny thingy on one end like the RCBS cord and a lighter plug thingy on the other and volley, or is it voli, there you have it.

I use a Rockford pocket power plus. It comes with the adapters to plug right into the chargemaster. Runs it for several days with great results. It will also start a 7.3 mechanical desiel. The unit is small and you can charge it with ac or with a cigarette lighter.

I use a Rockford pocket power plus. It comes with the adapters to plug right into the chargemaster. Runs it for several days with great results. It will also start a 7.3 mechanical desiel. The unit is small and you can charge it with ac or with a cigarette lighter.

Is this it? Fancier than mine....ahhh!!

Mine is 500 amps and this one looks to be 450 amps. Not that 50 amps ie gonna make a difference.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...91&gclid=COC4waSF5sICFUNM7Aod03IAlA&gclsrc=ds

Last edited:
It is very handy! Bought one for the wife's car as well. Now she can charge her phones and iPad anytime and she is know to carry it in her purse.

Handy. I pulled in behind a lady and her small daughter who had just hit a deer and it broke her windshield. She was in a panic, her phone was dead!

If her hubby shot benchrest, had a Chargemaster and would have had a couple of these, who knows. Maybe the deer would have already crossed the road?

More coffee...I'll be OK then.

I've built several of them like this, both with and without a fuse option. It comes with a wall wart charger and is plug-n-play. Hooking voltage to the unit backward will fry the unit. This way, it can't be hooked up incorrectly in normal use. Works great and will run the unit, constantly, for up to 23 hours at max speed....much, much longer at average consumption...measured in weeks instead of hours, between charges. You can also leave this charger hooked to it while in use at the work bench. The battery serves as a filter against surge and provides as a much improved power supply, in terms of fluctuation. The cm1500 is designed to work on anywhere between 9-16 volts. The power supply that comes with them is unregulated, allowing the voltage to spike up and down, whereas mine provides a smooth 12 volts. I solder and heat shrink all connections with color coded heat shrink tube at the battery. I've never had to replace a battery in several years, but eventually, it'll die and the color coded terminals make wiring the new back, a cinch.

phonepics6-27-12253.jpg

phonepics6-27-12254.jpg

Handy. I pulled in behind a lady and her small daughter who had just hit a deer and it broke her windshield. She was in a panic, her phone was dead!

If her hubby shot benchrest, had a Chargemaster and would have had a couple of these, who knows. Maybe the deer would have already crossed the road?

More coffee...I'll be OK then.

Maybe Jerry. They are a handy gadget.

More coffee.. Heck it is afternoon here in Poland time for lunch.

Mike~ have you stuck an oscilloscope on that battery while connected to AC power? Most batteries do not react to surges very fast or filter any variances out. When I get home will have to run it out on the test bench. Maybe throw a electrolytic and tantalum capacitor across the leads to acts as filters. My first power supply was using a capacitor array and would run for 8 hours but could charge in 55 seconds.

Back