RCBS 3 way trim pro

J

jaybic

Hello all,

I am just wondering if any of you use the 3 way cutter from RCBS that trims, chamfers and de-burs all in one shot.

I am trying to refine my case preparation methods and and am just wondering of I can use this and expect top results or If I should trim, chamfer and de-bur as 3 separate steps to yield best case preparation?

Maybe it makes no difference? Maybe the 3 way thing is only for hunting grade accuracy and not top notch....I dont know.

Any thoughts or experiences on this?

Jamie

I have the RCBS 3 way trim pro in 22 cal. and 30 cal. used on a RCBS power trimmer and it does an excellent job when adjusted properly.
But
I only use it on AR, M1A, and hunting grade ammo. The inside chamfer is not as good as a VLD chamfer in my opinion.
On my ammo for all my bolt actions I still do the steps individually, trim, chamfer, deburr, and it is done on a hand cranked trimmer; Forster or RCBS.
I am not recommending a brand of trimmer just mentioning what I use.

trim pro

great for loadind a lot of ammo like prarie dog shoots. use it for all my loading hunting plinking etc. less loading time more shooting

Been using one on all my reloads, saves alot of time and brass handling, as one poster said when adjusted right it works just dandy, leaves a very smooth surface inside and out. Highly recommended.

DR

I love mine,saves a bunch of time.I use it on .338,.30,.260,6mm/.243,.22

Thanks for the replies fellas, I also have one for my .22 cfs and it does save a lot of time and steps.

What I am hoping to figure out is, does a guy give up any quality in terms of the finished product using one of these as opposed to trimming, deburring and chamfering as separate steps?

Anyway,

Thanks again,

Jamie

Back