Range Trauma Kits ?????????????

CYanchycki

Club Coordinator
So I have been talking with my buddy lately in regards to the possible need for a trauma kit. I have heard of a few close calls with IPSC shooters and there pistols...... Go figure.....

There is a cost to these kits but a lot of items appear to not be required. It would be cost effective to piece the kits together. This is where we run into a bit of a discrepency.

We are trying to decide which powder to include in the kit for the possiblility of sealing a sucking chest wound or any major gunshot wound. We know 133 is fast and clean burning, less chance of infection. But would it be effective in sealing the wound of a larger man/wound or would it be to fast?

The latest lot of XBR 8208 is pretty dirty burning, more chance of infection. or would we better off with different burn rates depending on the size of the man/wound?

I figured one of those palm sized butane torches with a butte knife would cauterize the wound.....

Your input would be appreciated........;););)

I have always been a firm believer that a very good Kentuky Bourbon should be included in any trauma kit! An excellent antisthetic it is as well as being useful to combat any mental trauma that may have occurred during that day.
I prefer W. L. Weller Special Reserve 101 Barrel Proof Kentucky Bourbon as the correct choice, your mileage may vary!

if the guy got shot cause he cheated let the bugger die

Jeffy

Seriously, if anyone does have such a kit at their range I would like to know what they have in it and where they got it.

Back