Range info needed

bcarico

Okay so my new 1000yd gun will be done by the end of the month. I am located near I77 at the Virginia/ North Carolina line. I plan to attend the 1000yd matches at Butner and I may shoot some 600 at Piedmont. Do either of these ranges have practice days? If so when? If not, were is a good range near me to get this rifle ready? I'm thinking even 300yd range would be helpful. Any and all info appreciated.
Thanks
Brandon

Brandon,

Piedmont is having a fun match on January 7th. You could come and participate in that. We will be following IBS match rules. There should be plenty of people to spot or help in any way.

Jim

Brandon, I use to know these things. Could rely on my memory. No longer.

With that warning, a 600 yard zero is about 14 inches up from a 100 yard zero, and a 1K zero is about 26 inches up. (i.e., the bullet should hit that much above your point of aim at 100 yards.) Obviously these are approximate. So, if Leonard has set your rifle up for 1K shooting, you'll need to come down a fair bit for the Piedmont (600 yard) match.

As far as I know, here are no NBRSA long range matches in our area, which leaves IBS. Here is a link to the tentative (and as of yet incomplete) schedule:

http://internationalbenchrest.com/schedule/long_range.php

Back