Randy Pumphrey

hayscott

We lost Randy Pumphrey today at his home in Lubbock, possibly heart related. Randy was a wonderful gentleman and benchrest shooter, his smile and friendship will be greatly missed.

We lost Randy Pumphrey today at his home in Lubbock, possibly heart related. Randy was a wonderful gentleman and benchrest shooter, his smile and friendship will be greatly missed.

Oh my Lord, NO! We are losing too many of our wonderful friends that make the sport of benchrest what it is.

During my thirty years in this sport, Randy was always there; someone you could depend on. I was honored when he came to shoot with me in the tunnel. He didn't need any help. God bless him and God please be with his wife and family. I'm sorry but I can say no more.

Gene Beggs

I saw Randy's name and started not to open this thread. When you see a person's name, its usually bad news. Shot with him many times in the GC region. Sorry to hear this news.
May he RIP.

Glenn

Oh no

I was hoping this wasn't another left the range thread. Oh man. I enjoyed seeing Randy and Nancy and pups at Raton, Phoenix, Albuquerque, and elsewhere for years. Always a smile, always a kind word, both of them. I'm so sorry, Nancy. He was a good man, we need more like him, not fewer .... Scott

Truly Sad News...

Benchrest lost one of their nicest competitors and a friend to everyone. Randy was a regular competitor at matches in Phoenix, Raton and Texas...he always showed up with a smile and a nod which could be a whole conversation for this Texan. JoAnn and I enjoyed many dinners with Nancy and Randy and our regular Monday morning breakfast after the Raton shoots. Those were good times that make lasting memories and being part of benchrest special.

We'll miss you Randy and wish Nancy strength during this difficult time.

Services for Randy

Services for Randy will be Tuesday September 4th 10:00 am, at Lake Ridge Chapel and Memorial Designers.
6025-82nd Street.
Lubbock Tx.

Back