Randy Jarvais leads the pack at the Bud Pryor.

Dick Grosbier

Club Coordinator
randy.jpg

At the end of the second day (200 yard stage) Randy Jarvais from Maine still leads the pack. Randy's 250-22x score on Friday (100 yards) beat Dean Breeden by Creedmore. But Saturday after a long day of severely challenging wind conditions that only left 2 shooters clean at the end of the day Randy was the clear winner . Randys 250-11x score put him 4x ahead of Ricky Read the other clean shooter. At this point Randy's 100/200 Grand total of 500-33x puts him 6x in front of Ricky.

Full results at http://internationalbenchrest.com/results/score/2014/TCSC/Bud/12Bud.php

20bud-group-thumb.jpg

Day three (300yd.) found Randy leading the pack again intil the very last target. On the last target of the match a single shot got away and he did not win the 300yd stage. Still his commanding lead up until that point added up to a win of the grand aggregate with a 749-43x beating 2nd place Ricky Read by 10x. Gary long who won Hunter class in 2013 did a repeat performance in 2014 with a fine 733-21x score edging out Orland Bunker by 4x

Great Shooting guys.

Dick

Randy

Congratulations on a fine shooting weekend. Why don't you and the wife rent a house down there and spend the summer at the larger shoots...and leave us po folk here in Maine alone!!

Congratulations !!!

Congratulations Randy Jarvais, Ricky Reed and Roy Hunter in Grand Aggregate!
Way to go Rimrock !

Jim

Thank you.

Greg, I thought about your idea but I know from experience that the people south of the Mason/Dixon line like to put a whipping on me and that's not good for my mental status. It is pretty shaky as it is. Besides, at some point this barrel will stop shooting, although I hope I have it's sibling in the safe.

Thank you Dick for the nice write-up and congratulations to you and your crew for putting on such a fine match. I hope there is such an opportunity in the future. Your crew certainly run a well organized match. I must say though that it was nice to be able to return the favor, as you folks did at the Firecracker, of taking most of the wood home with us!

If you have not shot at Thurmont, MD, here is an example of the class they exhibit. During match 4 of the 300 stage, I noticed the shooter to my left wasn't shooting any shots. I don't know whether he had also done this earlier in the day or not as I was quite focused to say the least. But long story short, he withheld firing any shots until I completed my record shots in an effort not to double with me or to jeopardize my chances at the 1-2-3 grand agg record in any way. I already had enough x's by this time and only needed to stay clean. After that match, I thanked him but told him there was no need to hinder his efforts on my account. In his quiet way, he said "don't worry about it". Well, this tough competitor did it all again in match 5. Just so you have the facts, he was in the same VFS class as I and was also competing for the Htr class and thus the 2 gun. I hope one day, I can return the favor.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the best part of this game we call sport is not in the winning, but in the relationships we build along the way. Thanks, Dean, it was much appreciated.

Thanks to all,
Randy

Last edited:
Back