Rail Gun Action ?

SWASHBUCKLER1

Needing a new action for a new to me Rail Gun, which action would you buy and why?
I'll be using 1.350 & 1.450 dia. barrels so I'm wanting the action to be big enough in dia, but there will be no bedding issues, but I do plan on using the B & A trigger.

Leaning toward a BAT, but I've owned several rifles that have shot very well with Halls and since it's on a Rail weight will not be a factor, just wanting to hear some ideas and why you would choose a certain action if you were building a rail.

Thanks

A couple of shooters have been using top port actions with ejectors and mini ports. I think that Lou Murdica's latest is a Grizzly in that configuration. His rail has been shooting pretty well lately. I also remember something about BAT making a top port for one of the shooters up in Washington. You might ask BAT about that option.

Thanks Boyd I was thinking the top port of Lou's was a Bat, my mistake. I really like my RB, LP, RE actions, and think I would be content sticking with that configuration but the top port it is very interesting. I remember seeing or hearing of a drop port? WHAT! The things you will see on these machines never ceases to amaze me.

Rail Gun Action

Needing a new action for a new to me Rail Gun, which action would you buy and why?
I'll be using 1.350 & 1.450 dia. barrels so I'm wanting the action to be big enough in dia, but there will be no bedding issues, but I do plan on using the B & A trigger.

Leaning toward a BAT, but I've owned several rifles that have shot very well with Halls and since it's on a Rail weight will not be a factor, just wanting to hear some ideas and why you would choose a certain action if you were building a rail.

Thanks
BAT--3 Lug--Top Load--Never look back.
Need to order soon--It takes longer than you think for a new action--to get what you want!!!!
CLP

Ive never seen a top load BAT or Kelbly action. Sounds interesting, but I cant see where it would make much difference? Maybe someone can post a pic of a top load action so I can see? Lee

Ive never seen a top load BAT or Kelbly action. Sounds interesting, but I cant see where it would make much difference? Maybe someone can post a pic of a top load action so I can see? Lee

The difference is that you lay the next round on top of the closed bolt. As you open the bolt the next round drops in. Close the bolt and you are ready to fire.

I have one of the first gravity magazine bat 3l action. Bout 2" dia and as fast as you can pull the trigger. I know i can shoot 10 faster than i can shoot 5 in a normal action at anytime.

Been shooting it in registered matches for 10yrs right next to a line full of em. Got 2nd in se regional last year. Nothing about it can be construed as a magazine- you can do the same thing with any action

If you turn a Rem 700 action upside down and bend the bolt handle, you have the sme thing. We do that at Lake City for ammo testing.

Back