Quickload

D

dek

How do you copy QL .dat files from one QL program to another? My HD developed a problem so I put in a new HD and reloaded all my programs, one of which is QL. To keep from inputting all the data, anew, on the new QL program, I was able to get the .dat files off the old program. Is there a way to transfer the .dat files to the new QL program? Where are the files kept? When I go into QL, there is no area for the dat files that I can see.

ql customer support of user files sucks.
I actually run ql on 2 separate computers.
I update one and then load my personal data
one file at a time, one field at a time on to the new.

How do you copy QL .dat files from one QL program to another? My HD developed a problem so I put in a new HD and reloaded all my programs, one of which is QL. To keep from inputting all the data, anew, on the new QL program, I was able to get the .dat files off the old program. Is there a way to transfer the .dat files to the new QL program? Where are the files kept? When I go into QL, there is no area for the dat files that I can see.

C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickLOAD\Load data
This should be the correct path for the location of the data files. At least that's where mine are. Just a few days ago I copied mine from my laptop to the desktop I received for Christmas. Copied the files onto a jump drive and loaded them to the above location. Hope this helps
Lonnie

C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickLOAD\Load data
This should be the correct path for the location of the data files. At least that's where mine are. Just a few days ago I copied mine from my laptop to the desktop I received for Christmas. Copied the files onto a jump drive and loaded them to the above location. Hope this helps
Lonnie

Same path as above but do not show load data. In fact, qloadfw has no files listed.
Could they be hidden?
I did go to QL in the documents and found a data folder but it only has the QL program folders for bullets, powders, weapons, etc and user (which has two files -global airfileds and global shooting ranges?) but no place or folder for user produced files.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same path as above but do not show load data. In fact, qloadfw has no files listed.
Could they be hidden?
I did go to QL in the documents and found a data folder but it only has the QL program folders for bullets, powders, weapons, etc and user (which has two files -global airfileds and global shooting ranges?) but no place or folder for user produced files.

I'm not a real computer wiz but I wonder if you can add a new folder and name it Load data? It probably doesn't really matter where it is as long as you know the path when trying to open the file you are looking for. So if you go to the tree and click on the quickload FOLDER there should be multiple items including the load data folder. I have 18 files and folders under the quickload folder including qloadfw etc. Here is a pic of what I have. You might have to reload quickload.

Attachments

• tree shot.jpg
    tree shot.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 201
Back