Quickload help

D

dansig

I need some Quickload data for my load..

6mm Dasher
VihtaVuori N-150 34.6gr
Berger 108 BT
CCI BR4 Primer
jumped .020"
COAL 2.138"
28" 8twist Krieger
Bat B action

I need to know the pressure and speed if possible, it's the load that gave the best group at 200m but I need to know if it's a safe load.

I have QuickLOAD V.3.5. The only 108 Berger bullet contained in the data base is a “108 LBT M T”. With that bullet at a cartridge length of 2.138 in a 28” barrel with 34.6 grains of VV N150 it shows the peak pressure is 72,377 PSI. The velocity shown is 3051 fps. It also indicates a filling ratio of 112.9%. This load is shown as more that 7000 psi over max.
George

thanks, so I can't use N150, could you put in N140 and see where the max is ?

according to burn charts N140 is very close to Varget but I don't know if I can use the same amount of N140 as I would use of Varget.

and I can't get Varget it's sold out and the next shipment will arrive in a few weeks..

It might be a good idea to get a copy of QuickLoad of your own. Then you could play with all sorts of things when ever you wanted. There are a lot of "what ifs". It is even much less expensive than a new barrel.

I would if the maker of Quickload would make a Mac version of it.. but I hear he has no plans of even stop using DOS code the program was based on.. so when Windows 9 comes then Quickload stops working..

Safe???

If your cases don't have shiny marks on the head stamp, no rings in front of the web area, and extract easily...sounds safe to me.

Quickload on Mac

dansig.

I would if the maker of Quickload would make a Mac version of it.. but I hear he has no plans of even stop using DOS code the program was based on.. so when Windows 9 comes then Quickload stops working..

Daniel!
Why not intsall Bootcamp on your Mac and then run Quickload ?

Best regards,

Magnus

dansig,

31.6g VV N140 shows 64,887 psi, 2934 fps, 99.3% fill.

George

Back