Pull force and sear engagement

H

HopeToBe

I struggle to make my jewell trigger to be light enough. For some reason I cannot make it. If it is too light the gun occasional fires, which is not good.

But could I just increase the sear engagement until unwanted fireing does not happen?

Or, other tips or tricks to make the trigger as light as possible yet to stay absolutely safe.

If you are adjusting the trigger and reading the instruction sheet that comes with it, or you might get on Jewells web page there should be instructions. Then if all else fails send the trigger back there is something wrong with it, if you are getting slam fires. Oh is the trigger 1.1/2 oz 10 oz what are you trying to get it down too. There is a limit.

Joe Salt

The best bet is to get a bix n andy. I always wished I could get my Jewells lighter, tried to polish them, flatten side plates, and lube. I still get the slam fire if I work the bolt too fast. I can tune the bix n andy twice as light as the Jewell and no slam fires.

This is a 1.5 oz trigger and what I am looking for is to fine tune it to be as light as possible. It is not bad, although it could be better in the sense that a bit lighter and a bit less sear engagement would bring it closer to perfect. The question is how ...

Oh, it is polished as well.

You've got it right...

This is a 1.5 oz trigger and what I am looking for is to fine tune it to be as light as possible. It is not bad, although it could be better in the sense that a bit lighter and a bit less sear engagement would bring it closer to perfect. The question is how ...

Oh, it is polished as well.

"This is a 1.5oz trigger," is a correct statement. It will not go lighter with safety. Trying to lighten it from it's designed 1.5oz limit is not a good or safe practice. If your trigger is 1.5oz; it is as light as possible and still a safe in it's safety zone. Take it beyond this design limit and you will have problems which has nothing to do with it's quality. Jewell triggers are by far the most popular trigger in the bench rest world and have been on virtually every major match winners rifle for years.

There are other excellent triggers out there and time will only tell if they eventually they replace the Jewell trigger in the winners circle.

What are you putting this trigger on, the 1.5 oz.that I have are on my HG. and all you need is a daddy long legs to set it off. If you are putting it on a LG. don't waist your time, you will end up jerking the trigger. 10.OZ is all you need. Believe me you want to be able to feel the trigger.

Joe Salt

Back