PSL and ARA Summer National

D

Dick Volk

Spoke with manager Mr. Patel of Baymont Inn Warrenton MO. He will discount a room for two - $49.99 plus tax..just mention my name Richard Volk...
dv

Go to the ARA site and look up the range locater. They has the co-ordinates posted there. It's not that far fron The Supper 8, By the way Dick, Mr Patel's kinfoke seem to manage a lot of motels in the area.

It's about ten miles give or take from the club to the Super 8 on the corner of hiway AA. Lots of dirt road so its about a 15 minute ride. I'm going from memory, never clocked it time or distance. Takes me 17 hours to get there from home so the last few miles kind of get lost in the noise. bob

fred j

the patels it must be a very common name for indians they are all over the country in the motel business i guess they like that cash money! sad to say most of them dont manage their motels very well but sometimes we are stuck.

also you will go right by ron hoehns operation on the left.
bob

Is there a better (black top) road from Warrenton one can take to the St Louis club which would have less gravel road? I went out on hwy aa from Warrenton last year, and there is alot of gravel road. Is N Stracks church rd gravel? Thanks. DJB

Doug: None that I know of. Why not just put your gear in my car and ride with me. Mine is black so 5 feet or 50 miles on gravel makes not a wit of difference. I live on a gravel road so it will need washing anyway. bob

Hi Bob...Thanks for the offer. I have another shooter who I am rooming with that just might have enough room for all my stuff. He has a big old Dodge 1 ton. Don't want my new Burb with a fancy paint job full of rock chips. Looking forward to seeing you again. See you soon. DJB

Doug: Same friend(s) as last year? If so we should share a bench again, you-all stole my luck and did pretty well last year. Maybe it's my turn? bob

Hi Bob...... Different friend. Dick Volk. If you want to share a bench, that is fine with me. I will be down there Wednesday evening, so we can get together any time Thursday. With the winds we had last year, I just got lucky. I am sure you have it in ya to kick some butt, and I wish ya luck. DJB

Doug: Lets do it. Dick likes my wind flags so should make the rotations a bit easier. I have already registered as a single. Maybe you can tell Dan/Dawn and they will take care of our sharing arrangement? You, Dick and me.....will be fun. bob

Last edited:
Bob....I think Dick is already signed up to share a bench, and equipment, so we may need to find one more shooter if need be. I will talk to Dan. Doug

Hi Bob...... Different friend. Dick Volk. If you want to share a bench, that is fine with me. I will be down there Wednesday evening, so we can get together any time Thursday. With the winds we had last year, I just got lucky. I am sure you have it in ya to kick some butt, and I wish ya luck. DJB
Don't have the big ol' truck anymore, have a trail blazer..I'll drive Doug to save your "burb"..:))

Back