Promising Looking Cutting Tool Supplier

Owning a production machine shop I consume quite a bit of tooling so I get some pretty deep discounts from the suppliers. My current main supplier has been playing pricing games which forced me into searching for other options. I came across the following site and the pricing looks REALLY good for not having to do X amount of business with them.

http://atlascuttingtools.com/

Just placed an order with these guys, looks good.

Ian

I must admit that being in Canada we kind of get on the last nipple. KBC looks okay until you realise that they have a website for the USA and then a different one for Canada. If you fiddle around a bit you can see both web sites and see that they charge about 33% more for Canadians while it only costs them a few points more. Due to the free trade agreement there is no duty on anything made in the USA going into Canada (or the other way). I emailed the Canadian president of KBC and she said Canada was a different market than the USA, yah right. I guess we gent bent over more easily than in the USA. Anyway, because I am close to the border I can take a day and pick up in NY with my wife (who visits some craft shops). I have just ordered from KBC in Canada and from Acme and Brownells to ship to USA. Many companies in the USA nave not figured out yet that UPS across the border is not a realistic way to ship, including Atlas. It may be okay for a 1000 dollar order but for a few hundred it does not make sense. I do deal with many USA companies who have figured this out and can ship USPS.

Just placed an order with these guys, looks good.

Ian

Since first posting about them, I've been testing some of their tools and so far have been quite pleased with the quality and performance. Their high performance variable index and aluminum endmills have been keeping up with the performance of the more elite brands I've been used to. Their generic grinds are as good as any others I've used. I tested their HSS jobber drills and that was a slam dunk for them. Accurate grind geometry and great prices.

My needs are a bit simpler than some of the above... but I just received a small order consisting of a few carbide burs for my Foredom tool. So far they seem just as good as the ones I was previously paying $15.oo for and these were less than half that. Shipping was prompt and they ship UPS second day air for the price of regular ground. I'm impressed and will use them more in the future.
Thanks for the information, Joe.

Not to cast a negative at this (my experience has been positive) but this appears to be an online only operation. A check of their address in Google Maps shows what appears to be a residence. Not likely any kind of manufacturing facility. They also indicate that they "partner" with certain tool manufacturers. Perhaps they do some manufacturing themselves but at a different location (unspecified.)

This may or not make any difference in the great scheme of things and it is just for information at this point. Barring any negative experience in the future.....

Their address in google maps may have came from onstar navigation and they missed it by a few miles like my truck does

Possibly true but the real estate sites like Zillow confirm a residence with pictures. So somebody works from home or at least has his office there

I know a couple guys who don't own a machine and they sell tooling made by others.
You would be surprised at folks who sell gunsmith tooling that is made for them by the same company many of you have been bitching about.
Nat Lambeth

I know a couple guys who don't own a machine and they sell tooling made by others.
You would be surprised at folks who sell gunsmith tooling that is made for them by the same company many of you have been bitching about.
Nat Lambeth

LOLOL!!!

Yup..... spake w/heem just today matter a' fact.....

Back