primers

Back to the original post, I agree with rsmithsr, there is a lot of BS on the net. Frankly, there is a lot of BS on this site. As to Wolf small rifle magnum primers, I would stay away for them. Problem is, they hangfire. Some said, yes they do but only with spherical, some said yes they do but only with tubular powder. In my experience, they hangfire with any powder you use.
and i say they work in lots of guns...notice you did not say what cartridge nor what gun. having shot and sold tens of thousands..i say i have a valid back ground in these primers

I think I found an answer to my question about 205M vs 205MAR primers. Two sources cited a difference in primer cup thickness between the two with the 205MAR having a thicker cup. How that would impact short range benchrest accuracy is an unknown to me.

and i say they work in lots of guns...notice you did not say what cartridge nor what gun. having shot and sold tens of thousands..i say i have a valid back ground in these primers
All the guns, powders, and cartridges I've fired them with have had no problems with any other primer. I'm not sure what that would have anything to do with hang fires. Either it goes bang or it doesn't. The problem with the Wolf is that it goes bang a second after you squeeze the trigger. I know I'm not the only one to have these problems.

I think I found an answer to my question about 205M vs 205MAR primers. Two sources cited a difference in primer cup thickness between the two with the 205MAR having a thicker cup. How that would impact short range benchrest accuracy is an unknown to me.
WELL WHEN YOU COME TO PHOENIX, SHOOT THE AR'S THEN I WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO BEAT YOU...

All the guns, powders, and cartridges I've fired them with have had no problems with any other primer. I'm not sure what that would have anything to do with hang fires. Either it goes bang or it doesn't. The problem with the Wolf is that it goes bang a second after you squeeze the trigger. I know I'm not the only one to have these problems.
AND you still cited no actual examples

AND you still cited no actual examples
You know, I'm kind of cautious to answer your question because you're framing it in a way that will use my examples as an exception. My reason for citing my and many others' problem with Wolf primers is to inform readers of a problem I know exists.
Cartridges I have used them in include, 6BR/ Lapua brass, N135, 8208, 223AI N133, Xterminator, 223, 20 Tac., 221 Fireball. I have used primarily Cooper rifles, but also Rem. 700.
I have brought up this issue on the internet and have had many answers that said it was the powder I chose. All of these loads have had no problems with CCI 400, BR4, Winchester, Federal, and Remington.
Like I said earlier, I don't understand what actual examples, cartridge, load, rifle, have to do with hangfires. I will drop this issue now as I don't want to be a part of the BS on the internet.

You know, I'm kind of cautious to answer your question because you're framing it in a way that will use my examples as an exception. My reason for citing my and many others' problem with Wolf primers is to inform readers of a problem I know exists.
Cartridges I have used them in include, 6BR/ Lapua brass, N135, 8208, 223AI N133, Xterminator, 223, 20 Tac., 221 Fireball. I have used primarily Cooper rifles, but also Rem. 700.
I have brought up this issue on the internet and have had many answers that said it was the powder I chose. All of these loads have had no problems with CCI 400, BR4, Winchester, Federal, and Remington.
Like I said earlier, I don't understand what actual examples, cartridge, load, rifle, have to do with hangfires. I will drop this issue now as I don't want to be a part of the BS on the internet.
i shoot short range bench rest with benchrest actions(bats). i have ZERO FIALURES with wolf/tula primers. i have specifically used the wolf and tulas in my 6ppc...with no failures to fire. as i stated i use to sell these to retail customers and wholesale to commercial ammo loaders. we had no issues. sounds like your choice of actions may have been the problem.
not internet bs...seller and user, no issues with the rifle primers from small rifle to small rifle magnum

Back