Precision Shooting Magazines 1970 - 1990 Value?

H

hotshot9967

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have an idea what the value is for a collection of Precision Shooting Magazines dating from 1970 - 1990 might be? Or, where I should begin my research? I may be looking to sell them.

Please respond to this thread with any advice. I appreciate your help.

Marty Colombo

From time to time you see people on this forum looking to give them away. I saved them for over 20 years and ended up throwing mine away.
They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay , not likely a lot of money in my experience.

Psm 1970-1990

Dick, I'd like to know to! I have 1980-200? Just wonder if there's a good interest in these mags, what we all use to do Before BRC!!! dogdude

There were quite a few technical topics covered in PS over the years that I haven't seen covered on BRC or any other forum.
Were the topics relevant, yes at the time they were, are they still relevant??

I think some of those PS magazines have value, even if just historical value..........Ian

I had 1976 till now and tried to sell them for free and all the person had to do was pay shipping cost. I copied a bunch of pictures and threw them out. Heck, I can't even get people to identify photos.

Marty - I have nothing to add in terms of valuation but if you land on a price drop me a PM. I may be interested. Dad and I have 1988 through the end and would be interested in your 20 year span.

Thanks,

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Hello
If anyone wants to sell their magazines let me know. If they have quite a few I'd for sure be interested. Thank you Jason

precision shooting mag

Marty - I have nothing to add in terms of valuation but if you land on a price drop me a PM. I may be interested. Dad and I have 1988 through the end and would be interested in your 20 year span.

Thanks,

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Lee; this is Marty about the PS mags. Please text me, I have more info about the mags. # 845 541 6052.

To Audrey's chagrin, I've been gathering as much 'official' BR publication info as I could find for a comprehensive NBRSA library. Sort of a definitive place where you could find an article or result. Last summer we picked up a bunch of vintage magazines in Holton. I'll take a look again and see what is missing.

Rod

Check on Ebay

There are about 30 listings for Precision Shooting Magazine on Ebay right now. Many are overpriced single issues. I had been a subscriber for about 7 years when they went belly-up. I bought a number of back-issues on Ebay going back to the 80's. My set from 82 or so is not complete, but close. What has this done for me? It's given me more stuff to move next time. Between the forums, advice at matches, and various books, I am inundated with shooting knowledge that I don't have time to absorb and utilize. Maybe when I retire, but who does that anymore? Until then, the magazines sit in the folders they were shipped in.

What has this done for me? It's given me more stuff to move next time..

vtmarmot
Your post reminds me of when my in-laws moved out of their home of 30+ years, my father in-law had 25+ years of national Geographic, and my mother in-law proclaimed they were not coming to the new house. Some guy came in an old station wagon, paid $20 and literally loaded that wagon till it was sitting solidly on the rear axle. I guess he got home , at least we did not hear from him. National Geographic as most know is a heavy magazine.
Dick

Back