Practice Screamer

Lee Martin

I can count the number of times I've shot under 0.10" on half of one hand. Took the day off to practice and target #1 laid down well....

No backers, no witnesses, and no wind. The flags were dead still when I shot this. But I'm still really pleased. Nothing like walking up to a target and seeing one nearly concentric hole. The specifics:

Bullet - Martin 67 FB
Powder - 27.7 LT-32
Seating - Jam + 0.005"
Velocity - 3,180 fps
Barrel - Shilen 13.5 twist, 350 rounds into it
Temp - 38 degrees
Humidity - 79%

Certainly not an official measurement, but I got 0.078" (the fouler hole measured 0.238").

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

well done, even on a practice target.
i have about the same number,
they can be counted on half a hand.

I can count the number of times I've shot under 0.10" on half of one hand. Took the day off to practice and target #1 laid down well....

No backers, no witnesses, and no wind. The flags were dead still when I shot this. But I'm still really pleased. Nothing like walking up to a target and seeing one nearly concentric hole. The specifics:

Bullet - Martin 67 FB
Powder - 27.7 LT-32
Seating - Jam + 0.005"
Velocity - 3,180 fps
Temp - 38 degrees
Humidity - 79%

Certainly not an official measurement, but I got 0.078" (the fouler hole measured 0.238").

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

38 degrees and 79% humidity, man that's cold and damp!!! Wearing gloves?

Practice Screamer...

Bullet - Martin 67 FB
Powder - 27.7 LT-32
Seating - Jam + 0.005"
Velocity - 3,180 fps
Temp - 38 degrees
Humidity - 79%

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Very nice Lee. I really appreciate you sharing this and all other threads you have done. Thanks again........Dan

practice screamer

Nice group really nice.
I can't tell you how many I have shot like that over the years, The sad part is it doesn't count but
It does show you what your rifle will really do , That's a plus and a confidence builder'
Nice work'''''

I'm thinking a no wind good group is better than a wind good group. There are few rifles that will shoot like that with no wind blowing. That may be the only condition the rifle will shoot like that but I don't think it is or you wouldn't be practicing with it.

Nice group!

Very nice group in any condition Lee, especially in a "0" condition. I have always found that shooting in "no condition" was more difficult than with a little breeze blowing.
Bruce

Great group Lee. Anyone who has not looked through Lee's website, do yourself a favor. A lot of pistol eye candy and some great articles. Quality and class one cannot hide. Thanks for sharing.
Stephen

NBRSA Eastern Section 100/200 yard record groups for 2016

The attached are NBRSA Eastern section 100/200 yard record groups for year 2016.
100 yard group of .045 and a 200 yard group of .148. The .148 group was shot in the wind
and the last bullet hole had a hold over of one inch.

Attachments

• S6001153.JPG
    S6001153.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 208
  • S6001151.JPG
    S6001151.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 243
Back