Posting pictures of game - yes or no

• Thread starter Dennis Sorensen
  • Start date
Benchrest Central = Dead Animals.....?????

Must be that new math;)

I agree

with no pics of dead animals on this site.

The title of this forum says it all.... Benchrest Central. There are plenty of hunting forums for that. If you want to share your pics maybe a link to a hosted site like photobucket would work.

Calvin

No pictures of dead stuff !

Thanks Wilbur.......

Now, it's wintertime here. The lawn across the range is a brilliant green right now but in a couple mo it'll brown out perty good.......

Can I still....

nahhhh :D:D:D

thanks Wilbur for a decision. ;)

al

Build Our Benches Al

Alinwa
Come on down and build the Angeles BR Benches next year. I'll fly you down put you up and buy you a keg of beer. Just a dream. I think Louie and his kids will help us.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Didn't mean to start all of this !!

Hi,I didn't mean to start all of this !! I didn't post any pics. on this site. I just had my link to my site on here West Tx. Varmint Hunting. All I did was ask in the General Discussion forum where it says "Firearms topics not related to Benchrest" was who hunts varmints. No pics. and my link was removed. Out of the 29 replies on the post "Who Hunts Varmints" 15 said they did hunt varmints. I don't see where I did anything wrong and would like to put my link back in my post.

Thanks Clint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,I didn't mean to start all of this !! I didn't post any pics. on this site. I just had my link to my site on here West Tx. Varmint Hunting. All I did was ask in the General Discussion forum where it says "Firearms topics not related to Benchrest" was who hunts varmints. No pics. and my link was removed. Out of the 29 replies on the post "Who Hunts Varmints" 15 said they did hunt varmints. I don't see where I did anything wrong and would like to put my link back in my post.

Thanks Clint.

Looks like the far reaching regulatory arm of Washingingon has infiltrated BRC. :D
Merry Christmas
vinny

Clint,

Don't feel unwelcome or that you intentionally "stirred up the pot". You did not know and it was not posted anywhere for you to know... Many members did not know and many still do not... I also varmint hunt when I can. A lot of us here hunt and fish and discuss those activities but there are many other sites where that is discussed more openly with pictures.

There are enough Benchrest Central members and more importantly the owner of this site who prefer not to show pictures of dead stuff in the forums... I may not agree with it but I will certainly respect it. I discuss and share pictures on hunting websites that allow it.

I am a member on another gun forum that does not allow hot linking and has several other "rules" all decided by the owner of the site. This forum is not the first to have a few "rules". :)

Clicking on a hot link usually does display pictures...

I think it’s a great choice not to include pics of the harvested amimals.
I no longer hunt, not for any particular reason – other than shooting prairie dogs once or twice a year on trips out west.
Plenty of sites to show those pics, as well as any others of hunted animals….
But this is a site for Benchrest shooting, as the name implies.

Alinwa
Come on down and build the Angeles BR Benches next year. I'll fly you down put you up and buy you a keg of beer. Just a dream. I think Louie and his kids will help us.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Stephen,

keep me posted on developments. If work continues to be nonexistent the way it is right now, I may well be able to come help. I did pour some concrete once't! ;)

Where is "Angeles BR?"

al

I have hunting forums I can visit but I'm really kinda bummed of the anti - no ldp's (laying down pics) I think the biggest problem is 'how' people take them. Pics from the cleaning station stink. I helped my 11yr old nephew get his first deer a week ago and it was quite the experience to be a part of. He only wanted to hunt w/ Uncle Bubba & it was very rewarding to be stamped in his brain. I got a good pic of him holding his deer after we walked up to it, but I put the tongue back in and cleaned all the blood up. BIL and Grandad showed up to the cleaning station and got pics of my teaching him how to field dress. THIS is not what you show, but what are you gonna do??

I'll always be a small group guy but my bench days have given way to hunting due to logistics and priorities. You just can't do it all....I like to check in with my 'amigos' here and like it when hunting from other places come up & I especially like to see pics of what was harvested. It's just kinda cool to see what my 'internet friends' other passions are....guess I'll have to wait till the mount is done and photo-shop the background in.:rolleyes:

just my humble $0.02 (which is about all it's worth)

pf
<><

Back