***POLL***.6 Rule POLL***

.6 Rule ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
82boy
In nbrsa competition the 600 yard format and 1000 yard formats are the same.They shoot 3 lightgun groups then 3 heavygun groups per shooter.
Out here we have 40 covered benches and low shooter turnout so everything is over by 1PM.
I suspect you get larger turnouts and have fewer benches in your neck of the woods and that is probably why the two formats are different.
Lynn

A good example is SE Ohio 600 they have a good turn out say 30 shooters a day, some shooting 2 guns, and they only have 6 benches. They start at 10 and are usualy done by 3. They run a complete different format, and only shoot 3 targets, and each taget is a match, with buyer pay in, and award before and after each match. If it ran straight through I think a 4 relay could be added.

St Louis is another, They get a big turnout, and can run a 4 target agg match with 3 classes light gun heavy gun and factory, and have the whole thing done in a day. Now they do have 20 some benchs.
My big thing is I hate to drive a 4 hour of more drive to go to a 1000 yard match get there and only shoot one target. I like the fact even if a DQ i can still shoot a bit more, and get some experince, and have fun.

Yes even a 2 Tgt agg match would attract more shooter to the 1,000yd game. If a club is holding 2 matches a day, than yes they are able to shoot 1 match with 2 or more tgts. I remember when Danny Brooke's brought this issue up years ago and we tried it at a Quantico match. We Had a lot of shooters. We shot a 2 Tgt agg match and was done in plenty of time. How? I called the line and once the relay was done, the next shooter had a few minutes to get their equipment on the bench and then we started the sighter period. If benches were empty, we did not run around or pause looking for the shooter. Not our job. We explained at the beginning of the match, be ready to put your equipment on the bench once the last score shot was fired. That ment standing behind the bench waiting. Family reunions needed to be held after the match not during. So yes it was done and it ran smooth. Yes there was some upset people because they had to pay closer attention to when a relay was about to finish and they were not able to walk around and greet the whole nation.

IAM in favor of the new rule, I still say it should be the same for everyone. Any ran

I have abandoned the old thread in favor of an actual poll, which I didn't realize I could do...thanks Mike in CO.

Hopefully this will work.

---------Jeff

IAM in favor of the new rule, I still say it should be the same for everyone.Any range or Any club. Its like shooting a rabbit. Never shoot him setting, jump him and let him run first.

IAM in favor of the new rule, I still say it should be the same for everyone. Any ran

I have abandoned the old thread in favor of an actual poll, which I didn't realize I could do...thanks Mike in CO.

Hopefully this will work.

---------Jeff

IAM in favor of the new rule, I still say it should be the same for everyone.Any range or Any club. Its like shooting a rabbit. Never shoot him setting, jump him and let him run first.

We shot a 2 Tgt agg match and was done in plenty of time. How? I called the line and once the relay was done, the next shooter had a few minutes to get their equipment on the bench and then we started the sighter period. If benches were empty, we did not run around or pause looking for the shooter. Not our job.
Uh, did shooters have pit duty? You use the transporters from that Si-Fi TV show?

Pits have their pluses and minuses. The time it takes if competitors run the pits is a minus, or the cost of hiring a group if competitors don't. On the other hand, if they're any good, the pit crew counts shots -- no more "are there nine shots on, or ten?" And no more drizzly days with a 6mm trying to see that little bit of dirt fly in the sighter period.

It may all be moot. The days of 70 LGs and 50 HGs seem over. Personally, I like the win or go home mentality, just like Alvin's proposal to do away with points for relay wins. But the days of only getting recognition for a fair-size accomplishment also seem to be long gone; now what counts is a piece of fake wood & something to brag on.

Perils of getting old -- the younger generation always has it wrong. Except, of coure, when *we* were young...

so the poll is closed and the get rid of plus change but not the new rule,,,exceed the keep the .6 rule......( change but not the .6 rule is a no vote for the .6 rule)

and we can only hope that the powers that be have read...and comprehended........

its a shame its only cyber space and not real life.....
cannot wait to see what they have cooked up...

mike in co

Mike In Co
I am having a tough time deciphering your first line.

As I see it the only reason to join any sanctioning organization is for a well written rule book so the playing field is level for all shooters.Like the rules or not if everybody follows them the best shooters usually come out on top.

When you start changing the rules without shooter input or making gentlemans agreements that everybody isn't aware of you no longer have a clear and level playing field.

Attracting shooters to a biased or skewed match will never work.

In my humble opinion it really doesn't matter what the IBS does as long as its even and fair for all the shooters and it has to be written in the rule book.Once you have the perception that someone has an unfair advantage you will lose shooters.

The nbrsa longrange program is now down to about 15 shooters in Ojai, 4-10 shooters in Sacramento about 10 in Sahauro and whatever shows up in the two club matches in Texas.The combined 600 yard,1000 yard and F-Class Bench Nationals draws in a grand total of 28 shooters now.
The people in charge here ignored the rulebook and the shooters and its almost all over except for the crying now.
Lynn

When you start changing the rules without shooter input or making gentlemans agreements that everybody isn't aware of you no longer have a clear and level playing field.

Attracting shooters to a biased or skewed match will never work.

In my humble opinion it really doesn't matter what the IBS does as long as its even and fair for all the shooters and it has to be written in the rule book.Once you have the perception that someone has an unfair advantage you will lose shooters.

Hear! Hear!

The term "Gentlemen's Agreement" is oxymoronic in mixed company, speaking the term in the same breath as "attract new shooters" is moronic.

al

lynn,
the vote was to drop the .6 rule...as there is a tie between the first to listings in the poll, BUT the third catagory is also a NEGATIVE vote on the .6 rule...so in the total with cat 2 and cat 3, the .6 rule is voted out in out informal, (obvioulsly) non binding poll.

which influenced no one east of the mississippi......................

yes lynn its getting close here too...i have been told crc pulled out of ibs due to the slap in the face they recieved over the nationals.

so maybe we need to start the "INTERNATIONAL LONG RANGE SHOOTING ORGANIZATION" FOR MID AND WESTERN SHOOTING EVENTS.

mike in co

Back