***POLL***.6 Rule POLL***

.6 Rule ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have abandoned the old thread in favor of an actual poll, which I didn't realize I could do...thanks Mike in CO.

Hopefully this will work.

---------Jeff

Last edited:
Just wondering how many people voting are actually IBS members? :cool:

This poll explains why there's been a few extra "double agents" registered the last day or so. I thought the Feds were adding something to the water.

Vern - much too touchy for us outsiders to jump in. We'll find out what this is all about later:confused:

This poll explains why there's been a few extra "double agents" registered the last day or so. I thought the Feds were adding something to the water.

You know the old saying, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there aren't Martians under your bed, waiting to castrate you with a rusty machete."

In other words, don't completely trust the polls, or the Feds. Only trust them about 60%.

I did check to see if the double agents voted twice and found none.

edit to add....scratch that - found one that voted twice in favor of the .6 rule.

Last edited:
wilbur...thats just not possible.
those honest upstanding shooters from the east would never do a thing to impinge the good name of ibs...never.....esp not in favor of something they did...never...no way.
they are way too much of gentlemen to do such a thing.....
NOT!!!!
mike in co

if one adds the third catagory to the second it is a virtual tie.......( the third is a no vote for the new rule).
mike in co

Wilbur

From the screen's "Last Post By" there have been at least two "posts" in this thread attributed to mike in co since his last written post of 5:02 pm. Of course, as soon as I post this, the log will update, so here's grab of the current screen before I post.

mike in co

02-02-2012, 12:18 AM

Can't imagine what, aside from voting, editing (?) or posting, would cause the screen log to update. And neither of the last two apply in this case. Does that mean there is a way to vote multiple times, or is it something else?

Wilbur

From the screen's "Last Post By" there have been at least two "posts" in this thread attributed to mike in co since his last written post of 5:02 pm. Of course, as soon as I post this, the log will update, so here's grab of the current screen before I post.

mike in co

02-02-2012, 12:18 AM

Can't imagine what, aside from voting, editing (?) or posting, would cause the screen log to update. And neither of the last two apply in this case. Does that mean there is a way to vote multiple times, or is it something else?
My guess is it has to do with the time-zone posted from, and has nothing to do with actual times. His posts are stamped with his timezone, but the thread last post date is the server TZ, most likely central standard. Other ideas anyone?

Phil, since I'm somewhat following this thread, I don't think that's what happened. The time incremented twice, but no new posts. But thinking again, I don't believe a poll shows a new vote with a time change... Someone (other than Mike) may be messing with the thread & votes. Rusty machete time...

Browser cache's can do that. Exactly where is "Last post by" located so I can figure out what we're talking 'bout?

Browser cache's can do that. Exactly where is "Last post by" located so I can figure out what we're talking 'bout?
Wilbur,

I think he's talking about the forum index. When the thread in question is showing as the last posted thread in the forum (on the right), it shows the Last Post column, and for example in general discussion right now it says,

New self guided bullets.
by ReedG
02-02-2012, 12:27 PM

But then if you open the thread, you may see a different timestamp on the actual last post. Now that thread won't show that but the ones with a poll get that updated every time someone votes, even though the last post may well be old. However, if I am reading this correctly, he's saying it happened the other way around, and there I'm "outa bullets".

OK, I get the picture, or perhaps not. See if I have it right that the difference in the timestamp only applies to this thread with the poll?

on poll's the vote is a "post" even with no actual text post present in the thread....this will skew some time things.

mike in co

Back