Planking, Owling, Speed screwing

Tim Oltersdorf

Planking is passe. Owling is the new planking but I already stare mindlessly into space during matches so I need to get into speed screwing. Does anyone know who makes a speed screw for a Ransom master rifle rest? Tim

Found the solution

I made an adapter kind of like a helecoil the converts the 1/2" x 20 threads to the more common 5/16 x 16 Sinclair/Hart/Bald Eagle speed screw threads. I never found a 1/2 x 20 speed screw except for one source and they refused to sell or make me one. So speed screw them. Tim

wisdom from our mutual friend

Hey Doc. Dave Coots told me that speed screwing leads to premature elevation which causes the scorer to laugh at you and then reject any more scoring opportunities until you resolve your equipment malfunctions. I can't say for sure, this is just what he told me. Assuming he's right (there is a chance) are you sure you want to push this?

Just asking.....
signed, Your pal in Northern Colorado

Tim, any machinist can make a sleeve with 1/2-20 on the outside and whatever you like on the inside. I have used one for
years now.

Woody rises to the occasion.

Woody, I am in awe! Seldom have so many horrible puns erupted from one post as yours have. Heck, even your forum name is probably a pun. Bob, I don't consider myself a machinist at all and I did it. My wife doesn't consider me a member of the club of sensitive males or perhaps even a member of the human race. Well, the laugh is on her. After the apocalypse the only thing left will be cockroaches and benchrest shooters. I hope you have stocked up on bug spray and primers. Tim

Last edited:
Back