Pheonix?

Tracy talked to Gary this a.m. Gary did shoot one of our gain twist barrels that went from 15 to 14.25 and said he was very happy with the way it shot. He says he is still playing with it though.

Can someone please post more info. on standings etc....

Congrats to all the winners!

Frank & Tracy
Bartlein Barrels

Yes Louie it is true. I was shooting a Gain Twist Krieger test barrel. It was the third rail gun barrel and the seventh overall. Test results on the barrel shot over the weekend: Friday afternoon last three groups in practice .107,
.100, and .155. Shot much better than I can shoot it with T powder. During the course of the match T powder did not prove stable and I switched to 8208. First group .120 in last match of the morning. While playing with seating depth, went the wrong way and shot a mid 3. A no-no with 5-shot rail guns. Last group in afternoon, at 100 yds, switched to Vihta Vuori N133 and shot a .202 which looked very promising. Since I have never shot the barrel at 200yds, I decided not to try to work up a load and went on to shoot 13.5tw from my other rail top. All in all, I will be testing this particular barrel again and will keep everyone updated.
I shot a gain twist 14.2-13.4 at NBRSA Nationals in the Unlimited and was winning the event until I dumped powder in my chamber on about the 5th or 6th match and shot a mid 3. This kept me from winning the 100yds. First 10-shot group was a .138 in match 1.

In practice, 17 groups fired, 13 ones. Unbelievable performance. Last month's registered match in Phoenix, chambered a new 14.2-13.4 on my LV, was winning the morning agg with a mid-1 aggregate including a .074 and I did it again, dumped powder in my chamber and only fired 4 shots for record, thus was penalized and lost the morning agg, however ended up shooting a .188 afternoon agg to win the yardage. This is by far the best shooting barrel I have had on a bag gun in several years. My experience with Krieger Gain Twist barrels has been nothing but positive. I now have orders for over 80 barrels and am still taking orders. First shipment will be delivered hopefully sometime in January. If anyone is interested, please call. They cannot be purchased direct but only thru Bruno's at this time.

It is my feeling that these Krieger Gain Twist barrels have a distinct advantage and seem to flatten out some of the vertical that I have experienced in the past. Groups seem to be very flat when developing loads. However, it will take many more shooters than myself to determine if that is true.

If anyone is wondering why I keep dumping powder, it is because I got a new bullet and it is only seating in my case by .010 of an inch and because of my shooting style when I throw the case into the action the bullet tip sometimes separates from the case, causing my powder problems.
I have since purchased a new reamer.

I will answer any questions on Gain Twists. I am also interested in any comments that you may have. Please comment thru Benchrest Central and I will answer.
Lester Bruno

Whats the new bullet Lester? Are you going to a zero freebore reamer?

Have you set a price on the gain twists yet? Are there going to be different gains available?

thanks
Hovis

Phoenix Shoot-

I would have loved to have been there as well. In fact I had planned on being there but Christmas parties got in the way. Congrats to all those who did well-bring your stuff to the early unlimited to Springville and show us how it's done....you guys know who you are that have been giving us a hard time!

Time to Unleash the Crackon!!!

-MP

Back