Parts for a lawton bolt?

Larry M

Specifically an ejector and it's spring and an extractor claw? Does anyone know where I can get these?
If anyone has the urge to post "Have you tried calling or emailing them." Dont bother posting!:mad:

i used some kiff parts in mine.. works fine..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. They must make more than one kind then because I have kiff for a 700 and those parts were different. I'll have to call and talk to them. Also for anyone else interested an old thread indicated Brownells mave some parts too.
Larry

My parts do not interchange. Dimensions Not even close. PT&G said their wont fit. They suggested I call Tubb and that he has about 4 different sizes. My action is from 08.

Jhart can you tell me more about the parts you used?

Last edited:
Larry,
Did you actually talk to Dave? I got a bolt and all guts (extractor, ejector and springs and socket screw and ejector retaining pin) for a Lawton bolt from Dave a couple years ago. If he doesn't have it he certainly knows what you need.

James

No I didn't talk to Dave. The first person I talked to couldn't answer my questions and was forwarded. Several years ago PT&G I was told made the bolts. The person confirmed they used to make the parts for Lawton but said their parts won't fit my bolt. I know I can buy a complete bolt from them as the Lawton is pretty much a 700 clone. A new bolt is probably my best bet as it has the extractor in a better place but a lot cheaper to get a new ejector and extractor and tweak them into compliance.As for the parts: Ejector plunger Lawton .125 dia., Kiff .140 dia. Extractor width on both was the same length Lawton .200, Kiff .420. Maybe an email to Dave himself. When I was on the phone I didn't want to take up to much their time or tell them they don't know their own business.

Back