Part # to adapt Big Max to 50BMG?

alinwa

oft dis'd member
Standard 50BMG dies are 1 1/2-12

The hole on my Big Max A4 is 1 3/8-12 and I've heard there's an adapter available. If anyone knows where/how/if it'll save me the heartache of making one ;)

tx

al

The hole on my Big Max A4 is 1 3/8-12 and I've heard there's an adapter available. If anyone knows where/how/if it'll save me the heartache of making one ;)

tx

al

What threads are under the bushing?

tx

al

I've been waiting for a correction to this post. There is no adapter in the world that will make a 1.5" diameter die fit in a 1.375" diameter hole. A quick measurement of one of my .50 dies is 1.492" - smaller than 1.5", but still well beyond fitting into your press (assuming you're correct about the large hole thread).

RCBS makes a large press (I can't recall the name right now), also sold, with dies, as a .50 reloading kit. It is well worth the money if you do not already have dies. (Even though it comes with a file-trim die...).

GsT

Well I buggered that up!

So I was searching for info last nite cuz, too lazy to walk down to the shop and pull the bushing.... and just read this. Didn't THINK about it, nor COMPREHEND it, just read it and passed it on like a dumbazzzz...

RCBS BIG MAX A4 PRESS? - Shooters' Forum
Search domain forum.accurateshooter.comhttps://forum.accurateshooter.com › threads › rcbs-big-max-a4-press.3760257
The RCBS Big Max is capable of reloading 50 BMG cases but it requires removing the bushing from the top of the press. The threads with the bushing removed are 1 3/8-12 and requires buying a RCBS 1 3/8-12 50 BMG die set and shellholder. The special die set is more expensive than the standard 1 1/2-12 50 BMG die set.

Gene is correct.

And whoever told me there was an adapter is misinformed.

Problem is, I've already got several sets of Lee inch-and-a-quarter 50BMG dies. This is I guess where I got misled, since the die was "smaller" I just assumed, I didn't measure it. I've even been cutting, boring and fitting them to my reamer. Made the seater into a combination neck-sizing die.........

just

never

measured

them!!!

LOL

Big Max is 1 3/8 hole

My dies are 1 1/4

THERE ARE NO 1 1/2 DIES in the mix.......

I'm new to 50BMG and did not realize that the dies commonly come on 3 different diameters.

Back