Pacific tool and Guage?

I think Pablo was wanting to know specifically what items are considered to be ITAR items.

Now I'm wondering are reamers and other firearm tooling ITAR items or just things like trigger guards, bottom metal, bolt handles, ie things that actually fit on a firearm considered ITAR items?

And maybe get rid of gunsmiths and non exporting manufacturers from having to register with the state department.

It's time to bring The Donald in on this crap...

Yes absolutely! Even simple items like trigger guards and stocks are regulated. The ITAR permit costs around $200 and only lasts 6 months. It is a costly PITA for anyone outside the USA to buy US made firearm parts and accessories, and likely costs American companies millions of $$ in lost sales because of it.

Don@PTG is correct, my ITAR was not renewed. The ITAR permit only lasts 6 months and unfortunately PTG were not able to complete my order (some parts had a long back order) in that time so when they had the items ready to ship, my permit had expired. I sent them all the paperwork to renew the ITAR permit but they were unable to process it for nearly 8 months. By that time the customers i had ordered the parts for had decided to cancel, which after waiting for 14 months was not unreasonable.
Thanks Don@PTG for helping to get it sorted out.. I'll keep an eye out for the refund..

Cheers
Lee

The refund was done on the 2nd, no question, you should have had it weeks ago.

Don
There were two separate orders, i have received a refund for one of them, but not the other..

Cheers
Lee

Thank you for the information. The accounting people will get that one done today. It should show within 4 days.

Back