Oversize Chamber

Al

If they vary .002" on the rear what effect does that have on the front or should I say the important end of the chamber?

I'm not sure Dave.....but I've had several rifles through the years which were chambered with my reamer but at different times and by different people where the head space was good but the rear of the chambers varied some. They all shot good and I didn't split any cases. These were .308-length cases not PPC/BR and I believe them to have been cut using pressurized reamers, no prebore.

Since I've started doing my own using the squared-up floating pusher I haven't really had any noticeable variance at the back.

I'm not sure Dave.....but I've had several rifles through the years which were chambered with my reamer but at different times and by different people where the head space was good but the rear of the chambers varied some. They all shot good and I didn't split any cases. These were .308-length cases not PPC/BR and I believe them to have been cut using pressurized reamers, no prebore.

Since I've started doing my own using the squared-up floating pusher I haven't really had any noticeable variance at the back.

Al
I've been waiting for someone to say this. Different setups will yield slightly different chamber dimensions using the same reamer. Which unless you have a CMM or gage balls none of us can accurately measure the difference. The same setup yields the same dimensions. I'll get the same results tomorrow as I did today and the same goes for you.

Unless there are inconsistencies in setting up the barrel, duplicating chambers shouldn't be difficult regardless of how you hold the reamer. Dimensions may not be to spec but are consistent barrel to barrel.

Back