Opening up a Panda Boltface

KEITH MYERS

I have a ppc Panda bolt that I want to open up to 308. Will the extractor have to be replaced or modified?
My goal is to have the bolt face work for both case head sizes.

I had this done years ago on a Teddy , no problem with extractor works fine for both PPC and BR. If you have an ejector that is another matter entirely however.

I have a ppc Panda bolt that I want to open up to 308. Will the extractor have to be replaced or modified?

I have several Pandas that I opened up the boltface and some that came with 308 bolt faces. They all work fine on PPC and 308 brass.
The ones I opened up still use the same extractor.

+1 I had a 6 BR barrel fitted to my Panda and it works just fine. No Mod. to the bolt. If it make any difference my action is an older one.

+1 I had a 6 BR barrel fitted to my Panda and it works just fine. No Mod. to the bolt. If it make any difference my action is an older one.
If your bolt nose will accept a 6BR cartridge then your bolt face was either made to the larger size or has been opened up.

Are you doing the machining yourself? If the extractor won't clip over the head of the BR cases, send it back and we will modify it for you.

The only time a BR bolt face won't work with PPC cases is when a plunger style ejector is installed. It will work with BR cases, but might not be reliable ejecting PPC cases.

Greg Walley
Kelbly's Inc.

Hey Greg,

I have a bolt from a Polar action that I need a plunger ejector added to. Do you know what the turn around time it? I believe the cost is in you price list.

Hovis

Back