One more scope related question.

I had a chance to speak with a couple of shooters who were at Visalia a day or two before a match. They were both serious competitors who had found out that they were getting nibbled out of what there rifles could do by their scopes. One had gone to the Brackney frozen Leupold Competition and external adjustable rings, and the other had one of the Murdica/Nielson modifications on a Leupold Comp 45. They both were of the opinion that their problems had been solved. I think that both of these setups would have gotten more attention if the March scopes had not come along.

It's amazing how many shooting problems get blamed on the scope.

Does the winningest / most point-accumulating Benchrest shooter of all-time, use an external scope apparatus, of any kind, on his competitive rifles?

Do you think that his scope might be given a little extra attention? When Lou Murdica tested eight 45X Leupolds, about half of them showed some movement. Also, Gene Buckys does pretty well these days, and I believe that he uses external adjustments. I do agree that many times scopes are blamed when they are not the problem.

Abintx, Gene Bukys uses an externally adjustable mount. He has done okay in the last few years. He has twice won the World Championship, the Super Shoot, and shot his way into the Hall of Fame. Tony Boyer uses conventional mounting systems and he, too, has done okay. Whatever works and one has confidence in should be used. Good shooting....James

Back