One Hole Bullet Company

I received my bullets just as I was leaving the house for st louis. Hopefully the rain holds off long enough tomorrow to try them out. Lee

Pressure ring good

OK, let's say I was gonna make some flat base bullets....

How would I prevent the pressure ring...and use...say...Berger jackets?

Edited to add...not that I would think I needed to - just asking since there's some bullets out there that don't have a "pressure ring".

From what I have been told by bullet makers in Oz is that a pressure ring at the bullet base is a good thing to have as it helps seal off the gas properly. So could these guys be wrong ?
Andy.

From what I have been told by bullet makers in Oz is that a pressure ring at the bullet base is a good thing to have as it helps seal off the gas properly. So could these guys be wrong ?
Andy.

Yes they are wrong all bullets f.b. or b.t. gas leaks past through engraving of rifling none do not leak... it still would be interesting to see exactly what Mr. Harris has come up with to stop the pressure ring but I am sure its a guarded secret.

I shot some of the one hole 66gr fb bullets last night and I will say they shoot pretty good. My bullets measured .2432 with my tooling and technique. Lee

Don't recall

Yes they are wrong all bullets f.b. or b.t. gas leaks past through engraving of rifling none do not leak... it still would be interesting to see exactly what Mr. Harris has come up with to stop the pressure ring but I am sure its a guarded secret.

I don't recall them telling me bullets didn't leak gas past them. Never mentioned that. They just said the pressure ring was beneficial because it helped seal off the gasses.
Andy.

Oh for heavens sake this is just semantics. Question. Does a pressure ring at the base of the bullet help retain gasses behind the bullet or not. If not why ? If so why ?
Andy.

Reread post 26 no it does not answer is straight forward..why not was explained..if you feel the need for a more in depth explanation contact through p.m. I will be more than happy to explain.

I don't think it matters. Some pretty good targets have been shot by folks that don't know about such stuff. Actually, some pretty good targets have been shot by folks that don't know much at all...go figure!?!?!

I don't think it matters. Some pretty good targets have been shot by folks that don't know about such stuff. Actually, some pretty good targets have been shot by folks that don't know much at all...go figure!?!?!

Wilbur, You right but if the question is asked, you know b.r. shooters and theories. Seems like they have to look for a problem or try and create one..George :confused:

YEP Wilbur,

You are so Correct and I am Living Proof, I have Two World Records and have no Idea about the bullets. If
I had more pressure in my brain than the maybe the bullet had in the case or more going out my other end than the bullet had going out the barrel.:p

Tom,
You know all that anyone needs to know about bullets....the sizes of the groups that they produce. Thanks for sharing your experience with these. As always, any recommendation by you comes from a very good source.
Boyd

Back