On the 1* 3 minute reamer:

Had a good trip

Pete, glad you've found something you like.
Right or wrong, its what I got in there now & have been quite happy with it.
Have a safe trip Pete.

Keith

You tellin me you got one of them "Woodsy Chambers" ?

Pete

I disagree with Pete Wass re. Chet Amick and his Rifles...I agree with most of what Tim Simbari has to say and I don't mind his caustic manner on most subjects...

I previously owned 2 Chet Amick 22LR Rifles since 2013, a Suhl 150 Hart Barrel which I sold, It shot consistently in the high 100's C/C, 5 shot groups, 50yds with SK Standard Plus.

The other, that I still own and shoot is a Remington 40X, Walther Barrel, it also shoots consistent 5 shot groups in the 100's with SK Standard Plus at 50yds...

These Amick Rifles were built by Chet Amick and his Protégé Nephew Mark Stottlemyer around 2007, they are not of the Famous Record setting rifles, the Barrels were signed by Chet Amick...

I have extensively researched Chet Amick and discovered that his Legendary shooting abilities were mostly attributed to 3 things...His Special Dave Kiff Reamer, his perfectionist Lapping ability and his very high ability to Read the Wind....

I suspect Tim knows as much as anyone re Chet Amick and tells us maybe 1/2 of what he really knows...

I have another Custom Rem 40X on its way in to me and will be shooting it off against my Amick 40X...

I shoot the ARA 25 Bull target almost exclusively at 50yds, FWIW, for Groups and Bull's...

Bolero

Talking with Mark when Chet was still with us he stated that PTG had ground at least two other reamers to his specs BUT neither one of those had the "Magic" of his original reamer. And as previously mentioned Chet was a Master at reading conditions and practiced in every possible scenario

Jim

Last edited:
Talking with Mark when Chet was still with us he stated that PTG had ground at least two other reamers to his specs BUT neither one of those had the "Magic" of his original reamer. And as previously mentioned Chet was a Master at reading conditions and practiced in every possible scenario

Jim

That 's why he mentioned more than once his concern if that particular one ever got chipped or needed sharpening, it was never leaving his shop.
After his unexpected passing his wife and daughter spent a long time coming to terms with it. Jean would call me from time to time and after a good year plus, I finally asked about that reamer but never did get any idea what became of it.

Wilbur
A reamer that has the margin stoned correct. Will cut a magical chamber for rimfire. A rough cutting reamer is junk.jmo

I like mine

Like Kiff RF reamers?

But it's a Woodsy one so who am I to judge. Compared to a friend's 2* I used on a couple of chambers, Mine cuts a nicer looking chamber, to my eye, anyway. Not as many radial chip marks like I've seen in most chambers I've looked at. Mine is a spiral reamer. I think it would cut even smoother if it had more of a twist to it. I only say that based on a lot of taper pin holes I have reamed with spiral reamers. They give a very smooth hole.

Pete

Back