OK, Wilbur and the Super Moderators explain this to me.

Just what Boyd said.

Jim

PS: Bill, we used to have the edit post moderation option, but I think Wilbur(wisely) removed it or it got lost in an upgrade. I never did change anyone's words...delete was preferable to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't deleted anything except for three spam posts, and a bit of nastiness on the 1,000 yard forum in the past six months -- as far back as I can remember.

I don't remember ever removing a thread because of political content. As to putting a thread deletion up for discussion or comment, if someone has such poor judgment that I have to delete his thread or post, the last thing that I want to do is have a discussion with him, and I am really not interested in comments. I do this sort of thing because I was asked to, and I would rather leave a borderline post or thread. Another thing, for those of you who seem to think that this is a political forum for topics that are not gun related, you might want to review the heading for this forum, particularly the second line. I believe that it states Wilbur's intent rather succinctly.
General Discussion

Firearms topics not related to Benchrest

That's well put Boyd.

Often the general discussion forum is way off firearms topics and it is left and it matters not much. Personal attacks, religion and politics are topics Wilbur decided quite some time ago are not to be discussed.

I finally left another Forum because they were not only deleting posts, they were editing them to change content. IMHO, that's worse than simply deleting them.

Ray

Cheechako
I left as well after telling the moderator to quit editing my posts
Lynn

Just make a Political/Current event forum and be done with all this whining. GEEESSSHHH

Just make a Political/Current event forum and be done with all this whining. GEEESSSHHH

A forum similar to that was tried. It got so bad Wilbur did not want Benchrest Central to be any part of it... and it was dropped... and the basic rules of not attacking anyone, and no discussion of politics and religion were implemented.

There are many other sites if you want to argue politics and/or beat on someone.

A forum similar to that was tried. It got so bad Wilbur did not want Benchrest Central to be any part of it... and it was dropped... and the basic rules of not attacking anyone, and no discussion of politics and religion were implemented.

There are many other sites if you want to argue politics and/or beat on someone.

Exactly right! It got pretty ugly here on this forum before new rules applied. Let's not backslide.

Back