OK, Wilbur and the Super Moderators explain this to me.

JerrySharrett

Senile Member
How come a General Discussion thread "Just qquestion about Lybia" which has run from 3-19-11 not a political thread and a thread about the Patriot Act is political???

Is it not important about us loosing our liberties??

Last edited:
How come a General Discussion thread "Just qquestion about Lybia" which has run from 3-19-11 not a political thread and a thread about the Patriot Act is political???

Is it who posts it or what??

Jerry,

I just looked the thread in question over after reading your comment. I find it to be primarily comments about current events. I don't think it is any darker than that. It is about a shooting war.

Bill

Jerry,

I just looked the thread in question over after reading your comment. I find it to be primarily comments about current events. I don't think it is any darker than that. It is about a shooting war.

Bill
Thanks Bill. Was not the recent vote on the Patriot Act which can throw a librarian in jail not a recent event????

Jerry,
I don't get it either. Your post on the Patriot act seemed to me to be an informative post for those who were unaware that it was up for renewal. The Lybia thread appears to be aimed more at a political debate.

James

Did anyone ever fess up to deleting that thread?

What's good for the goose....

In these times, current events are mostly political, or are made to be.

Jerry,

Perhaps the difference is the Libya post is all passive. I never saw your Patriot post, but I guessing it was activist. And Francis, I don't know what to say to you!!! I think that was a low blow!

Jim

I have been called many things but never a Democrat.

I am sorry about your thread but I didn't do it. I hope you will not miss it.

If this does not clear up I will have to get out my hoe for these weeds.

Concho Bill

No one ever had the guts to admit deleting it or give a valid reason. If they had we all might be able to better word our posts so as not to get them deleted.
One thing I do know dont tell the truth about anything bad that happens with an advertiser on here or it will get deleted.

Thats right Vern. Actually there were two threads about the Patriot act that got deleted.
Now someone is deleting posts made about the US media and Israel. Freedom of speech my a&&. Gutless wonders.

In am the originator of the of the thread in question, as a Super Moderator, perhaps I should not have. I thought it was a very important topic that is happenning right now, we are watching history unfold before our eyes, our very government now getting into things that we never have been involved in before.

As a Supermoderator, I think we should be able to discuss things such as this on a General Forum, but that is not my call.

As for deleting post, I stick to using the Moderators Option when it comes to rude or vulgar behavior, or if someone just insist on being stupid. I will let others decide if a certain Thread simply does not belong on Benchrest.com.........jackie

BR Central is very good about leaving posts untouched when compared with some other Forums. I finally left another Forum because they were not only deleting posts, they were editing them to change content. IMHO, that's worse than simply deleting them.

Ray

I trust Jackie. I know him and his character is for me beyond reproach.
I believe if he deleted it he would have the ability to say he did so.

I think that maybe instead of deleting a whole thread maybe we should delete the posts that are in question.

Jackie is it possible to delete the posts that are the offenders and not the whole thread?

Free speech ain't completely free

Gentlemen,

Look at this from the owner's point of view.

In the minds of some, this being a forum about guns, it and we who post here are suspect. There are those who search the internet for right wing nut jobs. Our posts can be taken out of contex and twisted into things we did not say.

I wish all of you who question the motives of the moderators to bear that in mind. We are trying to have a good site that we can enjoy.

Bill Wynne

Vern, my Moderator Option allows me to delete an entire thread, or a post within a thread. I cannot edit the content of
an individule post..........jackie

Vern and Jackie,

I believe that my option allows me to edit someone's choice of words in a thread. It seems like I modified someone's strong language for softer once yet left the thought intact.

Bill

I think the title of "Super Moderator" was a bit of a joke played by Wilbur on the 'super moderators'. In reality the abilities of super moderators are very limited.

As far as I know Wilbur is the owner of this free forum and runs it very well. I for one don't think Wilbur or any of the appointed 'super moderators' need to respond or are capable of responding to everything little thing that occurs.

I think the title of "Super Moderator" was a bit of a joke played by Wilbur on the 'super moderators'. In reality the abilities of super moderators are very limited.

As far as I know Wilbur is the owner of this free forum and runs it very well. I for one don't think Wilbur or any of the appointed 'super moderators' need to respond or are capable of responding to everything little thing that occurs.

So you don't think that if a complete thread is erased that the starter or the others that have participated in that discussion deserve to know why? Interesting.

I know two "Super Moderators" (Wynne and Schmidt) and I will bet my last pound of V V 133 that neither one is a democrat. I think the last democrat on this forum was "D".. and that has been a while, thank God ! I agree with Bill Wynne that we need to be careful as to what we post that would give anti-gun types more ammo. Some of the things I hear from their mouthes just make me cringe.
Best,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

I don't remember ever removing a thread because of political content. As to putting a thread deletion up for discussion or comment, if someone has such poor judgment that I have to delete his thread or post, the last thing that I want to do is have a discussion with him, and I am really not interested in comments. I do this sort of thing because I was asked to, and I would rather leave a borderline post or thread. Another thing, for those of you who seem to think that this is a political forum for topics that are not gun related, you might want to review the heading for this forum, particularly the second line. I believe that it states Wilbur's intent rather succinctly.
General Discussion

Firearms topics not related to Benchrest

Back