OK.... testing... IS THIS LEGAL??

alinwa

oft dis'd member
So, before I get in trouble, A'gain, please tell me if this front rest setup is legal for HBR?

It swivels and pivots under the biggy varmint bag. The gun can be lifted straight up.

The rear setup is from one of my LR setups where IT IS legal. But I'm not asking about the rear, I was here when Skip's donut was throwing folks into hissy fits..... so I bought some. I was here for Dunrud's grudging acceptance (there's a Dohrmann on that rear in the pic ;) ) I'LL SHIM THE REAR AS NEEDED if some sagacious RO rules that my platform is "adjustable, so therefore illegal"

But is the FRONT legal? For Hunter and VFS for NBRSA and IBS???? I don't want to tune, balance and drive for 20hrs to have to shoot a Farley....

20190510_160125.jpg

The front looks fine. Just a big ole bag on a front rest.

As you said, the rear might be a problem, as per section 2:11 in the rule book.

Probably.;)RG

Well Thank You So veryvery Much Oh Wise And Wonderful That'll-Never-Work

Big Help Irving :)

Seriously guys..... I once got busted for putting a PING PONG PADDLE under my rear bag. And was told I couldn't fly my liddle Marine Corp Ball flags on my big gun because they constituted "attachments" (dude said I _could_ be using them as windflags!)

I just wanna' be legal..... but I Ain't LIKE ever'body el'tse.

Ok. I just have to say it. Just because something is legal doesn’t necessarily make it a good thing. I know from my own shooting experience (not as extensive as others so I CAN be wrong) if my front rest isn’t rock solid and all the knobs nice and tight which allows even the smallest of wobble in the rest....things don’t go well.
Al, your setup looks like it will incur an awful lot of wobble. If a shooter showed up at one of my matches with that setup, I would say “go ahead and shoot it but you may want to invest in a good front rest.”
My first match I shot on sand bags. That was the only time I did that.

Ok. I just have to say it. Just because something is legal doesn’t necessarily make it a good thing. I know from my own shooting experience (not as extensive as others so I CAN be wrong) if my front rest isn’t rock solid and all the knobs nice and tight which allows even the smallest of wobble in the rest....things don’t go well.
Al, your setup looks like it will incur an awful lot of wobble. If a shooter showed up at one of my matches with that setup, I would say “go ahead and shoot it but you may want to invest in a good front rest.”
My first match I shot on sand bags. That was the only time I did that.

:)

I seriously do appreciate your concern, and share that concern.

I have 3 Farley's, A Bald Eagle, 2 Sinclair's, 2 Cowan's a Pappas and 3 unlimited setups........ That doggy looking front rest has set me back over 545.00 in materials alone, it's SOLID.

A whole nuther level of solid.

Well Thank You So veryvery Much Oh Wise And Wonderful That'll-Never-Work

Big Help Irving :)

Seriously guys..... I once got busted for putting a PING PONG PADDLE under my rear bag. And was told I couldn't fly my liddle Marine Corp Ball flags on my big gun because they constituted "attachments" (dude said I _could_ be using them as windflags!)

I just wanna' be legal..... but I Ain't LIKE ever'body el'tse.

Just don't win using it! :p Hoped you'd enjoy the ironic humor. Once, at a fair sized group event, at St. Louis, I remarked that, "I have never been beaten by a sandbag." Holy cow, the tar and feathers came out pronto!;) Please keep us posted. RG

Just don't win using it! :p Hoped you'd enjoy the ironic humor. Once, at a fair sized group event, at St. Louis, I remarked that, "I have never been beaten by a sandbag." Holy cow, the tar and feathers came out pronto!;) Please keep us posted. RG

Ohh I intend to win, that's the problem.

I've certainly LOST over a sandbag..... and over a loose tuner.....and over a loose rest post...... and over a loose scope.......generally if I can keep from equipment failure I'll do OK cuz the GUNS shoot ;)

In that picture I've got long-necked and short-necked versions of my 30HBR cartridge, using this setup to test which one shoots better. So far I ain't proved NUTTIN!

Except that your 112's and 118's fight for center like a ruckus with either chamber......the hole just gets smaller.....

Back