Oil or Grease ?

ConRich

Dick Parrino
After dissemmbley and cleaning my bolt, from a Panda action, should I use a grease or an oil to lubricate the spring and internal parts of the bolt ?

Some have said to use grease, others to just use oil.

In the words of a fellow shooter from Maine, "What say ye" ?

Thanks,
Dick

A very light film of light oil on all the bolt internals, except for the shroud threads and cocking cam, that should get the same grease that you use on the back faces of the locking lugs.

Thanks Boyd. I couln't see why anyone would put grease on those parts, kinda like greasing a fine Swiss watch.

Dick

Oil or grease

I dont know about what a Panda needs but some 10 years ago my Wichita stopped igniting the primers occationally. I contacted the late Mr. Seely Masker who was at the time somewhat of an expert on the Wichita action and asked him if he could send me new or stiffer spring. There was a silence ower the phone and he said "son, you would be the first person to need a stiffer spring for a Wichita action. Take the bolt apart, compleatly degrease the spring and all the interior with aceton or lighter fluid. Put it again put some lube on the cam and lugs and start shooting again." That worked and since then I have made sure the interior of the bolt didnt get in touch with any grease.

My assumption is that the same goes for a Panda.

Dick...

After dissemmbley and cleaning my bolt, from a Panda action, should I use a grease or an oil to lubricate the spring and internal parts of the bolt ?

Some have said to use grease, others to just use oil.

In the words of a fellow shooter from Maine, "What say ye" ?

Thanks,
Dick

put a little grease on the cocking piece threads where it screws into the bolt body. If you didn't have any this past weekend that explains why you didn't win :)!

Back