Oak Ridge, TN

Dan
It is on the schedule for a SOY match I was going to try and make it also maybe a few more will chime in

I plan on being there Saturday and Ricky Bell just called me to say he was coming with another shooter.

Rodney

I'm leaving Louisville this afternoon for Oak Ridge. Looking forward to a good shoot tomorrow.

Anyone have the results? Inquiring minds want to know. Any info appreciated.
How did Ricky Bell and Rodney do?

Anyone have the results? Inquiring minds want to know. Any info appreciated.
How did Ricky Bell and Rodney do?

birddog,
Boy, you Tenn boys get up early. LOL! We had 8 shooters in each class so we were able to have a registered match . I don't have a copy of the results but from memory I know that John Lewis won both score and group in HG as well as the HG agg of course and Mike Hanes won LG group but I can't remember who won LG score. Ricky Bell finished better than I did but I did manage the small group in HG on the first target with a .718" group with a 50 score right in the x ring. It's the smallest group I've ever shot in 600 yd. competition. James Remell shot well here as usual but can't remember exactly where he finished. Conditions were very good early but developed into typical switchy ORSA conditions by the end of HG class and all through LG class. I think everyone had a good time and it turned into a nice day to finish up the IBS 600 yd. BR season here at ORSA.Hopefully someone with a better memory will chime in with the complete results.
I'd also like to say thanks everyone that made the matches here possible and to the shooters that showed up each month to make a registered match possible.

Rodney

Last edited:
That was one fantastic group that Rodney shot, I was in the pits when he shot it and everyone kept going over and looking at that target. Great shooting Rodney.

Dan

Rodney,
That .718, 50-5x is one awsome group all centered up like that. That is the smallest 5x group shot to date I do believe! Great shooting! I hope you do it again at the Nationals next month! Congrads. to the other winners at ORSA also!
Samuel Hall

Thanks guys but I think everything I had yesterday was used up on that one group as the rest of the targets didn't look all that good. It was a straight 6 BR and I thought it was going to be a cool day yesterday and loaded for cool weather but it turned out to be rather warm.

Rodney

I was watching the bullets hit as Rodney shot the .718 that was some fine shooting congrats Rodney. I cant remember all the results either other than John Lewis won heavy gun. Again congrats Rodney on some very fine shooting.

Mike

Rodney,
Congrats on that fine group=
Ole VolDoc passes the Gallaher Exit many days on the way to East Tennessee Gigs=
never get to stop on Shootin' Days=
maybe next year=
wishing you "Best of Shootin" " in St Louie
Doc

Grats John and Rodney. Looks like Rodney needs to take that 6BR toSt Louis instead of the broken stocked one..

Sorry I couldn't make the shoot but we didn't finish HV200 at Kansas City till noon Saturday.

John Lewis and Rodney..............Congratulations on some great shooting. Both fine gentleman and great competitors.
Rich De

Rich De, you ain`t so bad either, I sat to your left bench 5 at Piedmonts last match. You have some gorgeous guns.

Back