Oak Ridge IBS 600 Saturday July 24??

Jerry you said food and wine right? I just might have to be there. I like my Rib Eye cooked slowwwwww and very rare, a nice Merlot to go with will work. Now then I like a nice dessert to go with as well, fresh apple pie comes to mind. You mentioned it, see you Saturday, I'm bringing my appetite.

Dan Honert

I'm coming and Barry Earl from T-ville GA is joining us to shoot his first 600 BR match. Don't anybody tell him you have to switch targets for the record rounds.

Have the sun blocking tents being set up this year?? I'm thinking of coming up
and was hoping the tents were being used as it makes it sooooooooooo much cooler
in 95°+ heat..
thanks
Doc Stone
PS- My IBS membership has expired ..will I be able to complete new registration before the match..?? What is the yearly membership fees?? and is it good for a calendar year from joining date?? thanks again

Each match we set up the EZ-ups over the benches and then we will have some shade tents to clean under. We can always make room for one more.

I just got an email from Michael Tjon and he says there will be a match Saturday and it will be run by either Matt May or Tom Colyer. Looks like when ORSA makes a commitment for a match that they will have it as promised. Sign of a well run club for sure.

Jerry you said food and wine right? I just might have to be there. I like my Rib Eye cooked slowwwwww and very rare, a nice Merlot to go with will work. Now then I like a nice dessert to go with as well, fresh apple pie comes to mind. You mentioned it, see you Saturday, I'm bringing my appetite.

Dan Honert

Hey Dan, the Rib Eye is grilled, the wine is chilled.

After all this effort you better be there.

Fresh apple pie? You bring that!!

dg6ycj.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be there about 7:30 latest w/apple pies. Those steaks look a little on the lean side (not meaning fat), ifin ya stack 2 ofum togetherr might make a meal Jerry.

Dan

I'll be there about 7:30 latest w/apple pies. Those steaks look a little on the lean side (not meaning fat), ifin ya stack 2 ofum togetherr might make a meal Jerry.

Dan
Can't be too thin. I can still not read the writing on the plate under them!!

Hey Dan, the Rib Eye is grilled, the wine is chilled.

After all this effort you better be there.

Fresh apple pie? You bring that!!

dg6ycj.jpg

Thank you Jerry, you are a true gentleman, you brought excellant steak and the wine as well. I did bring the apple pie but not as fresh as your steak. It was fun, next time I'll bring the steak and wine, and maybe I'll bring the grill to cook the steak on instead of the bed of my truck which must have been around 350 degrees in the sun today. Hotter'n HATTIES today @ Oak Ridge, TN

Wish I could have shot at Oak Ridge with you guys today.. Just tooo hot for
VolDoc... Any great bug hole groups shot ??? == winds today?? just an over view of results would be
nice.
thanks in advance
Doc Stone

Wish I could have shot at Oak Ridge with you guys today.. Just tooo hot for
VolDoc... Any great bug hole groups shot ??? == winds today?? just an over view of results would be
nice.
thanks in advance
Doc Stone

Hot, what hot?
We we even had an extra EZ up just for you.

The temp on my Krestel 4000, in my guncase, in the shade was 1:30PM-104F, 2:00PM-111F.

We did have a great time though.

Jerry, How many shooters did you have?? Did the Ole Eggman, Rodney make the trip?? Who won what.
that steak and wine sounded very good. do you serve it every match?? did any of the Piedmont gang get to come over??
Saw where Greg Culpepper and a guest was planning on being there??
enough questions already
thanks much
Doc

Jerry, How many shooters did you have?? Did the Ole Eggman, Rodney make the trip?? Who won what.
that steak and wine sounded very good. do you serve it every match?? did any of the Piedmont gang get to come over??
Saw where Greg Culpepper and a guest was planning on being there??
enough questions already
thanks much
Doc
Rodney was there and won a couple of events.

Sorry I don't remember who won what. I wasn't among the top, maybe the top 10.

We had 9 shooters, none from the NC gang.

As to steak (Rib Eye) and wine, this is not a regular happening. See Dan Honerts offer for the next shoot.

Hopefully it will be snowing by the September match. I'm getting tired of this +95F stuff. Its not as much fun as it once was!!

Back