NRA Files for Bankruptcy

Would be nice, but don't count on it. I haven't got my American Rifleman magazine lately. Maybe this is why. I do like that magazine. Always have.

simply part of the problem.
large over paid poor producing group.
most fund raising is outside groups that take most of the money.
just like the 2 major parties they only know the old way.
DO NOTHING
the nra was against the heller case and did not join in until late in the case.

as normal it is only about money

as normal it is only about money

Ain't it interesting how, no matter what group, agenda, or form of media, this seems to be the case?
Every one of NRA's mailings to me also include a plea for more money. Also the mailings from the SAF, and others, are about generating income. I happen to contribute to the USA Olympic shooting team, and every mailing from them is also intended to be an income generator.
Not one of them simply send me an informational mailing, and I find that a turn-off, sometimes to the point of just chucking it all and trying to stand on my own, under the radar, so to speak.
I'd be willing to make a bet that it's the same on the other side of the fence, too. Anti-Second groups probably pester their donators with increasing more pleas for increasingly more cash flow.

Just my 2-pence.....Roger

Last edited:
Ain't it interesting how, no matter what group, agenda, or form of media, this seems to be the case?
Every one of NRA's mailings to me also include a plea for more money. Also the mailings from the SAF, and others, are about generating income. I happen to contribute to the USA Olympic shooting team, and every mailing from them is also intended to be an income generator.
Not one of them simply send me an informational mailing, and I find that a turn-off, sometimes to the point of just chucking it all and trying to stand on my own, under the radar, so to speak.
I'd be willing to make a bet that it's the same on the other side of the fence, too. Anti-Second groups probably pester their donators with increasing more pleas for increasingly more cash flow.

Just my 2-pence.....Roger

I have been a lifetime member fo over twenty years, andI still get e-mails that say,.....”Join the NRA”.

I have always had mixed feelings about the NRA. One part of me says they are the ONE entity that fights tooth and nail for our 2d Amendment Rights.
The other part thinks they are a bunch of fat cats living off of a big fat cash cow.

But as Dave pointed out, Ole Joe and “Knee Pads” Harris sure aren’t going to look out for us.

They do have one hell of a Shooting Facility, an abundance of shooting programs including for youth. As well as Land for Hunting that one can put into for a hunt. Outside of Raton Mexico that allot of NRA members use including some here. And my American Rifleman was delivered yesterday but typically nothing in it that I like but others seem too so its all cool. A one year membership is less than 18 holes of golf and depending where one goes it does not always include an electric cart so is it really all that bad as they do fight behind the scenes all though maybe not as much as some want but you cannot also do it all by yourself.

Like most members, I have issues with the NRA in some areas.

And I shudder to think where we'd be without them, for all these years. -Al

I have been a lifetime member fo over twenty years, andI still get e-mails that say,.....”Join the NRA”.

I have always had mixed feelings about the NRA. One part of me says they are the ONE entity that fights tooth and nail for our 2d Amendment Rights.
The other part thinks they are a bunch of fat cats living off of a big fat cash cow.

But as Dave pointed out, Ole Joe and “Knee Pads” Harris sure aren’t going to look out for us.

So did she write the book "How To Get To The Top By Using Your Bottom"?

They do have one hell of a Shooting Facility, an abundance of shooting programs including for youth. As well as Land for Hunting that one can put into for a hunt. Outside of Raton Mexico that allot of NRA members use including some here. And my American Rifleman was delivered yesterday but typically nothing in it that I like but others seem too so its all cool. A one year membership is less than 18 holes of golf and depending where one goes it does not always include an electric cart so is it really all that bad as they do fight behind the scenes all though maybe not as much as some want but you cannot also do it all by yourself.

True ,, Good Post Mr. Louis.

Chet

Last edited:

I have been to two NBRSA Group Nationals at Raton. It’s fanatic facility.
At the 1000 rad range, they have a steel full size Buffalo way up on the hill, I guess at about 1500 yards. I guess anybody can take a shot at it.

Raton is one of the few ranges I have been to where they had to call a cease fire because of wild turkeys running across the range.

Endowment member here. I told them to not send me the magazine and all that other crap...no problem. The NRA is all we have and the other side will say anything to divide us. Don't believe everything you read. Yes, I would like to see more transparency from the NRA.
I asked my State legislators a few years ago who they paid attention to here in Iowa. They said NRA and the Iowa Firearms Coalition.
Later
Dave

Last edited:
Benefactor member. Things seemed to really go south after that fight between Wayne and Ollie North. Never did learn who was the bad guy in that mess.

Back