North American Rimfire Postal Matches- A New way to have fun!

Question about Unlimited Class in the Postal Match

Folks, I have a question, I need your thoughts on. In a Rimfire match, Unlimited class, are those rifles mostly shot from a one-piece stand, very heavy and sometimes not even having a stock?

Are there any other traditional rifles that you've seen in an unlimited class for matches?

Appreciate any wisdom you may have on describing what an unlimited class rifle is.

Thanks very much!

pRvHrNx.jpg

This would be considered an unlimited class rifle and one piece rest. The rifle weighs a little over 18 lbs and the rest is 30 lbs. If I shot the matches this is what I would use. Wayne

Question about Unlimited Class in the Postal Match

Thanks very much for your responses. They helped me a lot.

Take care and happy shooting!

North American Rimfire Postal Matches

Scottishmac, we don't have a website.

If you are interested in learning more about the matches, please send an email to NARPMshooter@outlook.com and we will send you the information including the rules and regulations, the target to use, and the monthly announcement of the matches. We're just about done picking up with December, and we'll be publishing the December results early next week. I will post an update on this forum so folks have a chance to learn more about the matches. We'll also then announce the start of the February match and ask everyone who shot in January to send us their targets. No later than mid-month, we'll publish the January match results and send those out to the folks on the email list.

If you're interested, we would be happy to have you shooting with the group.

Take care,

Rimfireshooter

William Buck Memorial Postal Match

Good day to everyone. I wanted to let you know that next week, we will start the February postal match. If you're interesting in joining the group for the monthly matches, please send us an email at NARPMshooter@outlook.com and we'll include you on the match announcement.

Thank you!

Rimfireshooter

Scottishmac, we don't have a website.

If you are interested in learning more about the matches, please send an email to NARPMshooter@outlook.com and we will send you the information including the rules and regulations, the target to use, and the monthly announcement of the matches. We're just about done picking up with December, and we'll be publishing the December results early next week. I will post an update on this forum so folks have a chance to learn more about the matches. We'll also then announce the start of the February match and ask everyone who shot in January to send us their targets. No later than mid-month, we'll publish the January match results and send those out to the folks on the email list.

If you're interested, we would be happy to have you shooting with the group.

Take care,

Rimfireshooter

Thanks. I'm hoping that the rain will stop here in Central Florida next week for me to get to the range.

December 2018 Match Results - William Buck Memorial Postal Match

Shooters,

Please find attached the results from the December Match. Norm and I have checked your targets, scores, and Norm has compiled the attached list for your review. As you will see in the list, we also included the individual shooter equipment list, so you can see what the other folks are shooting. I find it interesting to review the kind of rifles/scopes/ammo being used in the matches, and we hope you do too!

We are fast approaching the end of January (next Friday), so if you haven’t submitted your targets for the January Match please do so by the end of the month. If you haven’t responded to our request for a show of interest, please do so as we will be cleaning up our mailing list in the near future.

Lastly, we will send out the announcement for the February Match late next week. Be sure to check the revised rules and regulations, especially the classes for the February Match. If anyone has a question about their rifle class, please don't hesitate to send us a note, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks very much for participating!

If you're interesting in joining the group for the monthly matches, please send us an email at NARPMshooter@outlook.com and we'll include you on the match announcement.

Good shooting to all....

Norm and Larry

Any way that you could make this great comp worldwide?

My local club (1400+ members) has been hijacked by a commercial vested interest who stacked the votes at the AGM so now no more monthly comps, just a few 'big shoots' where all prizes are redeemable only at the aforementioned business.

Nobody (regular competitors) was consulted btw.

So our regular bunch of of .22 B/R enthusiasts are looking for a monthly shooting comp.

Easy to download rules and targets (thanks), they are ok.

International fee payment appears to be an issue though,

Any ideas ?

* Doggie *

December 2018 Match Results - William Buck Memorial Postal Match

Doggie, the matches are open at this point to anyone who wants to participate. If any shooters are interested in participating, they should send an email to the address in the December result post, and we will add them to our mailing list. There are no fees for participation.

Any other questions, just let me know?

Best regards,

Rimfireshooter

February Match Announcement - William Buck Memorial Postal Match

Please see the three attached PDF’s for the February 2019 William Buck Memorial Postal Match. These files include an Invitation, Rules/Regulations and the Target.

We hope that you will participate in this months match but recognize that weather may require that you pass.

We’ve made a few changes in January, especially with the rifle classifications, that you will find in the rules and regulations. The target has also been modified to reflect the classification changes. Please remember to enter details of your rifle/scope/ammo and mark your classification. Please send any questions to the email list below.

If you haven’t responded with a statement of your interest in participating please respond so we can maintain a viable mailing list.

Finally, please email your targets to NARPMShooter@outlook.com by February 28, 2019.

Norm Flynn and Larry Mills
Match Directors

Doggie, the matches are open at this point to anyone who wants to participate. If any shooters are interested in participating, they should send an email to the address in the December result post, and we will add them to our mailing list. There are no fees for participation.

Any other questions, just let me know?

Best regards,

Rimfireshooter

Thanks heaps Rimfireshooter, I shall run this past the interested people at the range next week and if they agree we shall email our details to you.

Regards * doggie *

January 2019 - william buck memorial postal match results

Shooters,

Please find attached the results from the January Match. Norm and I have checked your targets, scores, and Norm has compiled the attached list for your review. As you will see in the list, we also included the individual shooter equipment list, so you can see what the other folks are shooting. I find it interesting to review the kind of rifles/scopes/ammo being used in the matches, and we hope you do too!

If you're interesting in joining the group for the monthly matches, please send us an email at NARPMshooter@outlook.com and we'll include you on the match announcement.

Good shooting to all....

Norm and Larry

Announcing the William Buck Memorial Postal Match for March

Shooters, ready for a challenging postal match? Shoot Iron Sights or Scoped Rifles? We have a match for you!

Please review the Match Invitation document attached and send us an email to join the fun!

Good shooting!

Norm and Larry
Match Directors

February 2019 - William Buck Memorial Postal Match Results

Shooters,

Please find attached the results from the January Match. Norm and I have checked your targets, scores, and Norm has compiled the attached list for your review. As you will see in the list, we also included the individual shooter equipment list, so you can see what the other folks are shooting. I find it interesting to review the kind of rifles/scopes/ammo being used in the matches, and we hope you do too!

Shooters, ready for a challenging postal match? Shoot Iron Sights or Scoped Rifles? We have a match for you! If you're interesting in joining the group for the monthly matches, please send us an email at NARPMshooter@outlook.com and we'll include you on the match announcement.

Good shooting to all....

Norm and Larry
Match Directors

Iron Sight Target

Fred, we have a target that is the same dimensions as the A-23 NRA target. I've attached a copy for you to see.

Rimfireshooter

William Buck Memorial Match Announcement - April

Good day to you all. I am pleased to announce the April matches.

We are rolling out a new Match for those of you who would like to shoot longer distances. We have created a 100 yard Mini-Palma match for your shooting pleasure. It's challenging and fun, so take a look at the revised rules and the new targets. Speaking of targets, we created two versions for you to shoot. One has a solid black background, with white rings. The second set has more white background, with black rings. So pick what gives you the best sight picture, and head to the range!

We also are working on a new Match for Air Rifle shooters. We have 5 folks who have expressed interest, so we drafted the rules and made up two different targets for iron sights and scoped-rifle shooters. Those 5 folks will shoot the match in April, give us their feedback on how to improve the match course of fire, targets, etc., then in May, it will become a part of the monthly match format.

To summarize, we have the following matches available for you to participate in:
- 50 yard rimfire for scoped rifle Match
- 50 yard rimfire for iron sight rifle Match
- 100 yard rimfire Mini-Palma Match
- 10 meter Air Rifle Match (Trial in April)

As always, if you have any questions, please let us know.

If you are interested in participating in any of the matches, please send an email to NARPMshooter@outlook.com. We will send you all the documents you need to participate in the matches.

Come join in on the fun!

Norm and Larry
Match Directors

Back