nightforce scope

homer1948

Does anyone have anything to say about the new 2014 nightforce 15-55x52 competition scope. There is apparently some upgrades being made to the 2014 over the 2013 and is considerably lighter at 27.8 oz than their benchrest models.

Dave Holmes
Canada

Does anyone have anything to say about the new 2014 nightforce 15-55x52 competition scope. There is apparently some upgrades being made to the 2014 over the 2013 and is considerably lighter at 27.8 oz than their benchrest models.

Dave Holmes
Canada

Just mounted one on my LV gun to see if I could make weight. It is 7.4 oz heavier than a Leupold competition. It's mounted on a short Bat action and an edge stock. The gun did come in just under 10.5 lbs. However I haven't taken it to the range yet, 32 degrees today and tomorrow. Supposed to be in the 60's wed and thurs so I may make one of those days. Looking forward to it. This is the first non-fixed power scope I have on benchrest guns.

Well, a big "DOH" moment. I've been weighing the gun with the Nightforce scope SUNSHADE installed. After removing that offending piece the gun weighed in at 10.42 lbs. Sometimes I think I'm too stupid to live.

I wish i could get an lv gun to work with a nf scope. I even have a scarbrough with a bat B that barely makes it with a comp leupold

Maybe

Dusty, I do not know for sure but you might contact Gene Beggs and see what his rifles weigh.
If light enough, might be an option.
Centerfire

Back