Nightforce rings and bases?

Anyone using nf rings and bases? Are they worth the $$?

You really need to say what you are using them for... Yes they're built like a (Tank ?) good ring should be built, tough, strong, big, heavy, bulky, etc. All that sounds good until you try to make weight with a 10 pound hunter class gun, or a 10.5 pound LV. Point being not all rifles need Big, Heavy, Bulky, Strong rings...

For most BenchRest applications... Kelbly and Stiller rings kick but.

Paul

I have several NF 40 MOA bases on my play guns, but prefer Seekins rings for the aesthetic value.

Both are stout.....

Glen Seekins rings are the Cadillac, by all means. But nobody asked about that. An as of yet nobody has mentioned what "play" guns we're talking about. Seekins rings require a true picatinny rail. Most BenchRest actions aren't fitted with one.

Did one with the Nightforce rings and one with the Murphy rings. I think the Murphys are as good as it gets. Nightforce has some half Ti rings that cost more and save a few grams. Those are the ones we used on a 7x300 WBY. Both are very good though.

Glen Seekins rings are the Cadillac, by all means. But nobody asked about that. An as of yet nobody has mentioned what "play" guns we're talking about. Seekins rings require a true picatinny rail. Most BenchRest actions aren't fitted with one.

The question was if anyone uses NF rings and bases, and if they are worth it.

Just by virtue of me using the bases tells me I think so, and again, I prefer Seekins rings over the NF, or any of the rings with the big ass nuts on the sides, for their aesthetic value for my eyes. NF only makes picatinny rails (except for their unimount) which I assumed the OP was talking about. Seekins rings fit NF's picatinny rails just fine.

The upper tier set-ups are all quality. Probably over kill for me, as I tend to baby my stuff. Only the OP can decide if they're in his budget.

On my 1K guns, I run Bat rails and Kelbly rings. The LG for weight, the HG to match, plus the ability to swap if needed.

The OP's question of future application did not specify any particular usage, BR or otherwise.

I have a set of Nightforce rings and bases on my 50 BMG benchrest rifle. No problems with scope movement. Light gun weight limit is 32 pounds, so no problem there, either.

Been away for a little bit. Plan to use mainly as a varmint rig, but also shoot in a local groundhog shoot. Was just interested to get all opinions as I don't want to cut any corners after the investment of a Nightforce scope. Plan to mount on a Savage LRPV. Custom build is a little down the road. Still like to play in the dirt. Thanks for all your input!

Back