Next Tomball Club Match This Comming Sunday Morning

jackie schmidt

I want to welcome all out to the Tomball Gun Club for our next Club Match this coming Sunday. I will open the gates at 6:am, we will start promply at 9.

Entry is $15, three classes, Factory, Modified, and Benchrest. We shoot a 100 yard aggregate for score.

We will be done by noon, before it hits 100 degrees, so come on out........jackie

Looking forward to the match. Have to try and give Nick, Vic, Geramo, Gary, Ed, Ron, Eddie, Zana, Dale, Renard, Dwayne, Darrell, etal a run for the money. The more I think about it, man there is a bunch of folks there capable of beating up on everyone.
Jackie, I will bring you some 6.5 x 284 cartridges to see if they will feed out of your rifle.
Joe

Going to have to skip this match. Too much to get done. Hope everyone shoots really well.
Joe

A big, belated thanks

Due to computer problems, it's been a couple of days since I've had a reliable way to get on the forum. Thus, I apologize for my tardiness.

I want to say a big "Thank You" to Jackie and all the fine folks who made me feel welcome at the match.

I've never attended a benchrest match of any sort and I found it fascinating and educational. I have my doubts that I could ever learn to look at a field of flags and have the foggiest notion what might actually be happening. More than once I found myself looking at two wind probes in adjacent lanes, some 10 feet apart, pointing quite definitively in opposite directions. How somebody could figure out what to do with that info, I dunno. I think I'd go nuts trying.

That being said, it's now clear to me how this could be a maddeningly addictive pursuit.

Thanks again to all for your willingness to share. I really appreciate it.

Ben Owens
Spring, TX

Back