Newby questions

82boy

Would you mind elaborating on the "couple of schools" you found? I was fortunate enough to atten one in Raton in '04, but health issues kept me from competing since. Hope to get going soon, and would really like to atten another school.

Dennis

Nothing set in stone yet, still talk, but one may be in Central MI in June and the other may be in eastern Ohio in August.

Get Mike Ratigans book. It will tell you just about everything you need to know, plus it has a very good section on wind flags and how to read them. It is more up to date than the Newick book.

Get Mike Ratigans book. It will tell you just about everything you need to know, plus it has a very good section on wind flags and how to read them. It is more up to date than the Newick book.

Just waiting for it to show up.

82boy

When you get Ratigan's book check out his flag design.

They are similar to the (faqs) flags on our home page.

Did you ever make a set? If so, how did they perform?

82boy

I agree that the faqs flags are a little small.

With that being said, I made my first set of flags
12" long x 4" high. Well , I didn't like that size either.

I finally decided to make them 12" x 6" and that seemed
to be the right size for me. They perform as good
as any of my competitors flags.

Make sure you break them in properly. Set them up
in your back yard for a few days and keep the pivots
clean.

Did you try out the "small" flags? How did they perform?

Nope I have not tried them out yet, just made them. Thanks for the tip on break in, never thought of that.

Well I just got the Ratigan book today, and wow what a wonderfull written book, I just started reading it and it is very well written. He has a wonderfull way of explaining things, and there is a ton of info. I can see it will take me a little time to read this one. Thanks guys great advice..

Back