New shooter

KSB78

Hey everyone, new shooter here. Could use all the help I can get. Looking for a used rifle, I need everything. Reloading equip help etc. I’m in central Virginia

What kind of shooting are you interested in short range group or score 1-300 yds, 600 yd or 1000 yd.? They require different equipment.

What kind of shooting are you interested in short range group or score 1-300 yds, 600 yd or 1000 yd.? They require different equipment.
I’m not biased, whatever has the most availability for matches. 600 would be my first choice but 1-300 if it gets me more time at the range.

I think 1-300 has more matches closer but there are several 600 yd. Ranges in the area also. I'm in Bedford, i shoot short range score and i will help anyway i can. I know people that shoot 600 and 1000 that could probably help if that is the way you prefer to go. You can pm me if you prefer.

instead go to a BENCHREST MATCH, IBS AND NBRSA are the 2 major players in real benchrest. LOOK AT 100/200 yd group, the most common br, score which maybe popular where you are. THEN LOOOK AT LONG RANGE WHIXH IS TYPICALLY 600 AND 1000 YD BR. do some research, go to some matches, ask lots of questions. shooters corner is a good used gear store from rifles on down.

What type of shooting are you interested in? Short-range group shooting, scoring at 1-300 yards, 600 yards, or 1000 yards? Each of these requires different equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a ubr match at Rockingham county, nc. Next Saturday if you are interested
This is your best bet. Don't forget eye and ear protection.

Also look for a local Club that might have fun .22 rimfire BR matches. Even though they say FUN match they are still trying to beat each other really really hard. FUN usually means shoot what you got. Compete against like gun/equipment, heavy barrel, light barrel, scope, iron sights, etc.

In the begining you will be competing against yourself, just trying to figure it out.

BTW if someone offers to sell you something, ask if you can try it out FIRST!

Fun stuff!

Back