New rifle & no brass

T

tome

a new 6mmbr lrpv savage & all i can do is look at it. i have powder , primers & bullets..no laupa brass & none in the current shipment according to 6mmbr site. was given 40 rem 7mmbr once fired..can they be full length resized im a 6mmbr die & neck trimmed ?

Ron Hoehn had some recently...maybe check with him.
http://www.benchrest.com/hoehn/

Edited to add: During one of the Lapua 6BR case shortages, I used some Norma brand 6BR brass for my 6BR. It shoots every bit as well as the Lapua brass and I've got over 30 firings on each case. I may have another 50 or so new pieces of that if you can't find any Lapua and don't want to mess with once fired Rem. 7BR cases.

Last edited:
a new 6mmbr lrpv savage & all i can do is look at it. i have powder , primers & bullets..no laupa brass & none in the current shipment according to 6mmbr site. was given 40 rem 7mmbr once fired..can they be full length resized im a 6mmbr die & neck trimmed ?
Many have formed 6mmBR from 7mmBR brass. Make sure you know the neck diameter and chamber length of your barrel.
After sizing the brass down seat a bullet and measure the finished neck outside diameter. When you go from 7mm to 6mm you can pick up some neck wall thickness. Check brass OAL also.

Since it is used brass also inspect especially the neck area for cracks. The Remington brass will not last as many reloadings as the Lapua but with careful inspection and reloading it should get you going till you get some good brass.

Al & Jerry..Thanks..i'll call ron in the morning..if he"s out ..al i'll be in touch

Tome ...

4PH6046-500 Lapua Brass 6BR (500) $307.00 @ Bruno's !!! :)

6br Norma available.

Sir i have 6br Norma brass in stock, please call 1-623-587-7641. Bruno Shooting Supply.

Lester

Back